cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

carol-nordby

Help!

Would anyone like to be a piece of my support system? I would like to do this well. I started TODAY with the patch.
0 Kudos
7 Replies
barbara42

honey, we will be your support, read ,read, read all these post and you will see how much support there is here. i will have one year smoke free tomorrow, because of all the support i got from this site. they will help, sympathize, kick you in the behind if that is what you need, stick with us and you will be a winner
0 Kudos
carol-nordby

THANK YOU BARB! I can't tell you what this means to me. I need you!!!!!! Impressive you're smoke free for a year tomorrow. I hope you do something nice for yourself!! What 'trappings' did you discover along the way?
0 Kudos
theresa18

Congrat's on today !!!! I'm here if you need me, stay strong
0 Kudos
carol-nordby

Welllll!!!!! I just got done planting with my family. It's a beautiful day, and I worked hard. I have a wonderful back deck that's calling, "Carol, Carol...it's time for a relaxing cigarette, Sweetie. Come. Come." YIKES!!!!! I'm wearing a patch, and I still want to smoke. I'm not going back to my porch. I'm going to sit here and know someone out there is supporting me. Thank you so much. How did you deal with this!!!!!!!!!!!??????????
0 Kudos
mark4

Hey everyone! I am new to this site, and I quit smoking on 06/15/09. I am hanging in there. I was bored at work yesterday and created this spreadsheet. Check it out for yourself. If these numbers are not a motivation, then I don't know what is. It auto updates too...
0 Kudos
joy6

I'm very new to this. Only 36¼ hr. for me. Why I chose July 4th is because of "Independence" Day...a day to become independent from the addiction. Anyway, I've put your spreadsheet on my desktop so I can have something to perhaps encourage and motivate me into NOT succumbing to the temptation. I thought the first 24 hr. would be the hard part and it would start getting easier after I got through the first day. NOT SO! Anyway, thanks for sharing the spreadsheet.
0 Kudos
mark4

Congratulations on quitting, and I'm glad you like the spreadsheet. I keep it on my desktop too, and I pull it up daily as a remider. It's nice watching the statistics multiply... I am on day 20, and it got a lot easier after 2 weeks. The first 4 days were the toughest for me. I feel better already, however, and I have some extra cash! Stay strong! You too, can make it.
0 Kudos