cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

konnie

Help..want to stay an EX with a relapse

I became an Ex at midnight on November 28, 2007. I went without 5000 cigarettes I would have smoked. Long story short...coming up on 6 month quit...was romancing the idea and had allowed my sister who visits weekly to smoke in the house. I attended a family cookout and sad to say even my brother who now has an electronic voive at age 54 was saying how he still wished he could smoke. Iasked my sister to leave me just 2, which she did. I bought a pack last night and have convinced myself how enjoyable it is to have my friend back.

I need help convincing myself that I am an ex-smoker who messed up a bit and stop it at this stage!!!...I have thought of purchasing a carton so I want to stop the madness finishing just this pack!!!!!

smoking 22 cigarettes in 6 months is a Hell of a lot better than 5022 in 6 months..

Connie
0 Kudos
12 Replies
chichi

This is a great response, and I totally agree. NO EXCUSES! YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!
0 Kudos
paula19

well some of us want to quit but we are a bit addicted in an emotional way!! and life without them can be more dangerous for us then life without them we are all made different!! and as far as saving time on ur life!! thats what they tell you !! they would do anything to make u quit!! who wants to live that long anyway!! all the studies, and fact are not in on this, like on anything else. they say heredity plays a big role in what diseases we will get. don't believe that one either!! as far as slipping, i don't know of anyone who has quit and not slipped up at least once!! or did it purposely because they just wanted a cig 1 day and took one!! however, it doesnt mean u have to keep smoking if you don't want to!! i have learned that if i smoke a cig or 2 one day and get back on track the next day it is so much easier!! As i said for me, int's not the physical it's the mental!! bottome line!!! and we are all different!!! i am pround of trying and for anyone else who tries, also for anyone who tries to quit any drug, i am very proud of you!! throw the alcohol in with it too!! a lot of people trade 1 drug for another, then i have to deal with more drunks on the road. so toss that too!!
0 Kudos
paula19

if you have to count down to the second, does this mean you think about them all the time? i remember the day!! but don't keep making an anniversary out of it!! i would rather forget all about it!! otherwise i say well i been without a cig for 2 months time to haveone!! i have done that before so now i don't even keep track of the date, just know it was the 3rd week of march!! my biggest fear is not being able to breathe walking with an oxegyn tank is not for me and yes that is my main reason for quitting!! at this age if cancer was to get me from smoking than it has already!! and 10 yrs from now they just might tell me you have lung cancer from all the years you did smoke!!! many people get it because they smoked for a long time even though they had quit!! and many people dont get it even though they keep smoking!! but i know i don't want copd!!! and quitting smoking now, means i will not get it!!
0 Kudos