cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

sweetheart04

Help me

Hey there everyone that replies. I have a quit date set for tomorrow. any ideas or help with getting my mind off the cig ideas would be great. I need advice i am so scared to do this and feel alone. on this. any ideas to help me get through the first three days ( as i am told are the worse) would be great for me and not only that my children to. lol. any advice
0 Kudos
5 Replies
lana3

Just climb into the computer instead of a pack of cigarettes. There is alot of help out there, all you have to do is use it. This site has really helped me not to go back to my old ways. Hope it helps you, too. PEACE!
0 Kudos
jan__tx

how's your quit going?
0 Kudos
sweetheart04

Great. I did not pick one cigarette up today didnt buy a pack or even had bad urges. I was able to smell my perfume, my hair and even my clothes for the first time in a long time. I had the jitters bad though, talking to fast but i think that is normal. but i am proud of myself for doing it and being strong enough to say no more controlling my life
0 Kudos
lana3

Sometimes I still think I am more honest and say things I wouldn't have said before. But sometimes when we don't say the things that are on your mind, we still think them and go smoke on them. Yes, there are changes in our behavior. Nicotine is a drug and it messes with our heads, just like any other drug. Just remember eveything we notice is a symptom of recovery.
0 Kudos
jadensnana

Lana....Just wanted to let you know that your post hit home for me,gave me food for thought. Thank you!
0 Kudos