cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Healthy2020

Hello!

My name is Lisa and I am new here. My quit date is this Sunday March 8th. I am super excited to become a nonsmoker,  but also super nervous because I have tried to quit numerous times before. The last time was about 14 years ago though and I feel like I have a totally different mindset this time. Before, I quit because I felt I had to for everyone else. This time I want to do it for me. I'm 4 years away from retirement and don't want to end up on oxygen or worse,  being the main reason. But just sick of it all, the money, the smell, the whole addiction.  I'm so glad I found this group and I look forward to supporting each other in this journey!

25 Replies
Healthy2020

Thanks Dave!

green1611

Fantastic !  Welcome to EX.

Does not matter how many times you tried to quit. I am sure, many of us who are EX now would have tried many times to quit. So you should not have that inferiority complex !

Great day for you to start new life. Please read Allan Carr book, may be couple of times. Helpful to sustain quit.

All the best.

Shout if you struggle, you will get the best support by EX.

Healthy2020

Thank you! I read the book before I found this site. Very helpful and insightful!

0 Kudos
pmt

Hi Lisa!   Welcome to Ex and welcome to your NEW LIFE!

pmt  21  DOF

MByrd1002

I started my quit over on Sunday, March 8. We can be quit buddies, chewing gum and breathing fresh air together.