cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

miss-wynter

Hello!

I just joined this site and am really impressed with what I have seen so far. This is my second serious attempt at quitting and I'm hoping that this plan will be the one that fits me. I feel terrible about smoking now (especially since I quit for two and a half months before starting again) but I am glad to be here and while I am back at square one, I'm happy that I am trying again.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
nicki2

I had a quit going broke it on Thanksgiving Day, didn't smoke yesterday and foundering again today...I get depressed when I break a quit...sigh
0 Kudos
miss-wynter

:nods: I find that quite a few get depressed when they break a quit. In a way, I see it as a good thing. At least the fact that we are getting upset over it shows that we honestly want to stop. That alone gives me hope that we can all quit for good.
0 Kudos
miss-wynter

Thank you John! I am enjoying my time on this site as well. I said in my blog today that this site has a great sense of community. Everyone is so supportive of one another and so understanding. I think that this on top of the support system I have offline is going to help TONS! I hope that this quit will be the last quit for you. Staying realistic is awesome! I think it's great that you are focused on your goal but are being honest with yourself along the way (the last time I quit I went from smoking a pack and a half a day to nothing...cold turkey...it was terrible). This time, I have a plan and am gearing myself up for my quit date on the 20th. I wish you much luck with your quit! We can do this!
0 Kudos
miss-vaun

Hello Miss W,

im vaun.dont feel guilty bout quitting for two months then lighting up again. the reason im on this site is im getting very serious about quitting. my mom smoked my whole life, she still does. she just quit for 9MONTHS. me and my sister are so disspointed with her.i guess the secret is making cigs NOT your identity. i talk to my girlfriends who dont smoke and never have. i try to pick their brains and ask why they never started. i am happy your trying again too! sometimes i analyze why i want to quit and it just pops into my head " I WANT THIS,THIS IS SOMTHING I WANT AND ONLY I CAN GIVE MYSELF"im getting ready for my quit date which is dec 7. boy LOL am i in for. keep up the good work and keep telling yourself YOU WANT THIS
0 Kudos