cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

mattybas

Hello!

Hi All! I quit two days ago, and I feel fine. I have the occassional thoughts, but i'm not hungry, isn't that weird? I went pretty much all day without eating, I eventually did eat, and then I wanted candy. I can feel my nerve endings sparkling with life, and my mind seems to be processing information very quickly.

This is my second go round with quitting, I had two years working on my third year when I succumbed to the nicotine monster, it was really stupid too, I was trying to impress someone and grow closer to them though our mutual use of tobacco. They are no longer in my life, and here I was a smoker again. This is the first time I'm reaching out to the community for support, I used the tips before to stay quit....and eventually the thoughts went away and I could never imagine why I ever smoked in the first place..

Then my life fell apart, and here I was in a bad situation, and the person I confided in and shared this smoking habit with was gone as well, and there I was alone, and an addict again. Well, I'll tell you, that'll never happen again.

My legs feel like dancing, and I want to go to the gym. I need a dopamine release, I hope to stay a quitter for longer than two years this time. I need to be reminded why I shouldn't have started smoking, mostly because a rare condition runs in my family where we are more susceptable to developing blood clots, and smoking greatly increases that risk, and here I am, chancing fate. Well, I'm too young to die.

I'm sorry I'm rambling for my first entry, I sort of need to get it all out of me, ya know? I don't think I'm addicted to smoking, I really have a great ability to use my will power to my advantage. This is the second time I'm quitting cold turkey, I thank you all in advance for your support!

0 Kudos
0 Replies