cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

gettingthere

Hello!

I saw this group, and though I'd stick close to home! I joined becomeanex.org two weeks ago, and I finished the separation stuff. I do really well to wait for about thirty minutes when my trigger goes off, but then I cave. Did that happen to yall? It made me feel so stupid to find out my biggest trigger was boredom. Im killing myself become im bored?! All my friends smoke which makes it really difficult too. Any advice?
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
liz19

Hi Getting there! Welcome! I apologize for not being here more. I've had computer issues out the ying yang!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So, to answer your questions, YES YES YES. Unfortunantly you're going to have to get past caving, and seeing the date on this post, I hope you've come a long way! if not, keep trying! You will get there. I promise. It's always difficult, my friends and husband smoked while I was quitting, and now, a couple of my friends and my husband have joined me in my quit. YOU CAN DO IT!!!! Remember this - N.O.P.E. (Not One Puff Ever) and check out www.whyquit.com if you need some inspiration - that's a great site to learn WHY you should quit. Good luck!!! Welcome to the group and I wish you the best, please let me know if you need any thing at all!!!

I have been quit for 3 Months, 5 Days, 12 hours, 41 minutes and 16 seconds (97 days). I have saved $429.12 by not smoking 2,145 cigarettes. I have saved 1 Week, 10 hours and 45 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 5/5/2008 8:30 PM
0 Kudos
jinny

Hi Liz hope you are still quit we are at about the same place in our quit mine was 5/8/08 I'm Still having lots of strong cravings How about you?
0 Kudos