cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

molly_ann

Hello...6 days of NO cigarettes :(

Hello...

It has been 6 days with NO cigarettes!  I still feel like banging my head on something and YES I am still snapping heads off!  Day 2 I wore a patch.  Yeah, it helps but not with the sadness that comes from being "lost" when you are doing something that used to warrant a cigarette...like reading.  Wed I was at the store buying Altoids.  Well, they didn't have the cinnomon flavor...I swore I almost started crying!  I FEEL LIKE I AM GOING THROUGH POST_PARTEM! 

I made the decision to stop smoking Sept 26, 2010 at 230pm.  The reasons why were due to not liking hat I saw in the mirror!  I could see the smokers line starting around the mouth, my teeth never looked clean, smokers breath after brushing teeth, coughing, no energy, my health going down the drain one puff at a time!  I started smoking at 15.  I am 32.  I stopped smoking during my 3 pregnancies but picked it up shortly after giving birth. 

All this talk about cigarettes is starting to trigger...thanks for having me in the group!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ml_4

Hi, If you don't like what you see now picture it ten year's from now. I am 52 and I have all of the smoker lines around my mouth and I hate them. I wish I had considered giving them up at 32. Hang in there. One day at a time I wish I could say it get's easier but not so much. For me anyway. It's been a long ten day's I tell myself tomorrow i can have one and it actually help's. I am new to this and i know nothing just want you to know your not alone and I will add you to my prayer's.

0 Kudos
molly_ann

I am learning that these lines are going away!  My teeth look white...for once!  My breath stays minty fresh...not tar fresh. 

When we get paid, I am going to SAM's and buying cin-o-minn altoids along with blowpops!  (can't spell)  I am in the mental phase of this quitting stuff...I think it's worse than the psysical phase of withdrawl!  But what phase is easy? 

Thank You ML for your response and Prayers!  I sure can use all the help I can get!  I will keep you in my thoughts/prayers as well! 

0 Kudos
shaker313

I must be having a really easy time with this because I have hardly had any withdrawls at all. I had been smoking for over 18 years, and this is so much easier then I thought. Good luck to you.

0 Kudos
cb_3

Molly, hang in there.  I quit one day after you and the difference is I have been looking in that mirrow for so long now saying the same thing but didn't quit.  You can whiten your teeth and the lines on your face won't kill you but his smoking sure will.  I am 62 years old, smoked for over 40 years....can't see my lungs, heart, throat or anything inside that I have made a mess of.  I am determined to beat this but it is one minute, hour, day that's a fight.  Stay a quiter!!!

0 Kudos
molly_ann

I can only imagine what I did to myself with all those cigarettes!  UGH!  I get so mad at myself for allowing it!  NO MORE!  ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!  It is getting a little easier as time goes by.  What is the saying about Time Being the Best Cure?  Time, dosen't make it any w=easier, but does help. 

Shaker, I am happy to learn that you are having an easy time quitting.  I pray you are able to stay smoke free!

CB, you are right about all the nice things on the market to help lessen time and cigarettes effects from our faces.  It is the damage inside that we cannot see or repair as easily.  I plan to stay a quitter one day at a time!

0 Kudos