cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

bjrowe79

Have Brain Disease and in tons of pain....How do I do it?

Hello all,

I have a disease and live in pain. I also have severe depression and anxiety. Due to these I am home all day and am finding it hard to cut back. How do I do it? I am starting to doubt that I can even quit.. No excuses, just finding it hard. Any suggesstions anyone?

0 Kudos
6 Replies

Welcome!  You will get more responses if you post your message on the Blogs (top of page, next to Groups).  The forums (where you are now) and the Groups are less well attended and you could be here quite some time before someone responds.  But, at the Blogs, we're all there waiting, it's where we hang out 24/7.  See you there.

0 Kudos
bjrowe79

Thanks so much

0 Kudos
smokefreedom

The only thing that helps me is staying busy.

As soon as  I have nothing to do the crave kicks in.

I buy a squishy ball, something to keep in my hand.

Been 4 weeks for me,and didn't think I'd get that far.

You'll make it

0 Kudos
empathy

Other people in site have chronic health issues including pain. We all work together to help & support each other. You are now a part of "us" for as long as you want to be. Welcome. Pain sucks for real!!!  Being in the house too much sucks too. Smoking sucks so please do not add that to your already suck list. Start a new ( + )  list to live toward. What I am asking is very hard but you are not alone. Your list could include quitting smoking & making new friends at the same time. Then it could be that the pain maybe less with out the smokes - I do not know if that could be the case but if so great. Othergood things will happen. You will log on to this site & find one of our funny members bloging things that make you smile. Then a friend that you wrote to last night took your advice & is thanking you for your help. I could go on a very long time but my chronic pain make sitting & typing painful and yet I have almost 90 days smoke free.   Talk to you later.    Tammy

0 Kudos
bjrowe79

I undertand that people have psin snd are home all day.

Let me clarify my post......I have a incurable brain disease that includes not only pain but major symptoms. After 4 bain surgeries and 1 spinal cord surgery, I am not any better. I understand that many people are worse than I am but that does not make my own problems any better. Me being home by myself is something I have done for 4 years now and I am nearly bed bound and therfore leave the house very seldom. With my problems, I have lost all of my friends locally. My prior best friend had never seen me sick and his way of dealing with it is to ignore it and not see me like I am.

Currently, the doctors are just keeping me comfortable. I have quit before, once for 2 years. So, I know that I can quit but it did not help any of my pain issues at all. No excuses, I just wanted to clarify my post. If I did not want to quit I would not be here.

I do have a question. When I quit before, I used patches. However, they interact with my meds for some reason. So, what about the gum or something else? What has anyone found to work well except that patches? I just have never tried anything else than the patches and would like some input.

0 Kudos
empathy

My friend, I in no way ment to make light of your situation!!!  I just want you to know that we are here for you in any way we can be!! You tell us whay you need. Many people here have quit cold turkey & say that it is the best way. I have never understood why friends go away when people get sick but I really feel you have found a bunch of new friends that will not go away. Please go to the blog site if you have not already. I bet you get many comments from people with much longer quits then me.   Tammy

0 Kudos