cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

jaynalynn

Helllpppp!!!!!!

I'm on day two of my cold turkey quit. I had a huge fight with my ex-husband (of all days) this afternoon about the kids. This has involved many screaming phone calls back and forth. I am trying soooo hard not to smoke but I am dying here! I can't even cry because I don't want the kids to see me and get involved. I'm so proud that I made it through the afternoon but I afraid I'm going to give in. I'm shaking, filled with rage and trying to hold it together here!
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Sylvia_Deitz

Janyalynn...remember the deep breathing and cold water. It really will help! Go run down the block, cry or whatever, but just don't smoke. O.K.? THat's how I got through my first few really bad conflicts as an ex smoker.
0 Kudos
bethany4

Janyalynn, Hi my name is Bethany I quit Oct 13 , I told myself no matter what bad thing happend I would never take another puff no matter what no excuses none they won't help .Remember you would have had the argument regardless if you smoke or not. It will only make you more depressed you will just set yourself up for a chain reaction....one will lead to two and three and so forth. You have come this far just don't give in you can do this don't let that demon talk you into smoking step on him just don't feed him you can do this just don't take one puff.
0 Kudos
diana3

I can't believe I got an email from this website today! Maybe you all did. I QUIT A YEAR AGO!!!! Actually, August 30, 2008 -- so, over a year. AND, I lost weight. I sell a fat-loss patch that I was TOLD would help me quit -- I didn't really believe it...boy, do I sound like a commercial? Well - I was a heavy 2+ pack a day smoker...and I no longer am. Email me if you'd like more info on the patch. (dianaspatch@yahoo.com) ...I don't think I am supposed to post stuff like that here.

Good luck! Oh - what the patch did was take my CRAVINGS for cigarettes away...it make smoking a "choice", not an addiction. My CHOICE, as is yours is to NOT smoke...God bless you all!!!! I am so thankful to be a non smoker!!!
0 Kudos
jaynalynn

Thanks for you words of encouragement yesterday. I didn't write back because only swear words came to mind! :LOL!! Today is day 3 and I'm still hanging in there. Lots of nasty e-mails between the x and I which has made it worse. But I thought about what you said and I decided that if I gave in than I was giving my ex power over me. AND THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL THAT HE WILL HAVE ANY POWER OVER ME AGAIN!!! I am hoping that day 4 is easier with all the nicotine finally removed from my body. I will let you all know tomorrow.
0 Kudos
diana3

Don't! You can make it, really! When I want a cigarette, I remind myself that my addiction is no different from a druggie or alcoholic...ONE cigarette and it would all be over. Don't have ONE!
0 Kudos
pam12

Glad you made it through the day. Just keep thinking that if you give in and smoke it won't stop there. You will be right back at it and will have to go through those first few days all over again and more than likely you will, after you have bought that pack, say to yourself "ok, I will just smoke this pack and I will stop after that"....sound familiar anyone? One pack will lead to another and another and you will be right back where you started. Think long and hard before you give up your quit. Good luck and stay strong!
0 Kudos
diana3

I don't know if it's acceptable for me to share this here, or not... I used my fat-loss patch to quit smoking. We have 2, but one has 5HTP in it. ...our power patch. On two occasions I mistakenly put the regular patch on, instead of the power patch. Mid day, I was climbing the walls. I went to change the patch, thinking perhaps I forgot in the morning...and discovered I put the wrong one on. After putting the correct one (power) on, I made it thru the day. Now, I haven't had a cigarette in over a year...sometimes I forget that I quit, and I'll plan something around a cigarette, like I always did...only to remember I no longer smoke. I also no longer use the power patch. I used it for 3 weeks before smoking the last cigarette...I continued using it, I think, for about 6 months...maybe 5... I also lost 30 pounds...a PLUS!!! I don't know if this site gives you a way to send me a personal message, if you'd like more info... my email is dianaspatch@yahoo.com. IF you'd like more info...email me.
0 Kudos
melissa-wood

Hi, so sorry for your pain. I managed to quit twice for 4 months by reading Allen Carr's book "The Easy Way To Stop Smoking". Doesn't say much seeing as how I started back, but thats my fault. What's great about the book is the approach is one of celebration. To free yourself is a happy event! This book may push you right into the joy you have to come. Best to you.
Melissa
0 Kudos