cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

elizabeth20

Heeeeeeeeeeeeelp

Really trying to quit and need all the suport I can get, does anyone out there have any wods for me that will help. I live alone and need some encourgement
0 Kudos
10 Replies
edith2

Absolutely! In case you didn't see this post on my page, here it is. It's written by Carole:
One type of addiction for another is how I went about it.
Finally I got it right and you can too. How?
Educate yourself. Understand how nicotine affects the brain. Understand that living without nicotine is as simple as creating new routines and better habits for your life.
You create the excuse after X amount of days, months, or years to light up again when there is not good excuse to ever light up once you've quit.
The only thing you MUST do to quit and stay quit? Make the decision to do it and stick to it. You don't give your house away after a month once you've signed your name on the dotted line to live there for many years to come. You don't give your child away after making a decision to bring him/her into the world and care for them for the rest of your life. These are major life decisions. Quitting a drug addiction is a major life decision too so commit to it like any other major decision and don't look back.
Like any major life decision you make, it has it's tough times, but guess what?, you get through them. Quitting an addiction is no different.
0 Kudos