cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Kbloodless

Healing ulcers and halitosis

I’m experiencing halitosis and ulcers something fierce after quitting. Any tips? I don’t have healthcare and I forgives out a mimosa was enough alchol to have me crying all night on Saturday from pain. So any advice welcome. I won’t be having a mimosa for at least a month or two now. Has anyone experienced this after 10 years smoking.. I think I’m on day 150 or more. Also my 0nicotine vape seemed to agrevate it this weekend as well. I think it’s been like this for months without me realizing hat it really is now without smoking I can really feel what’s going. My fiancé’s really noticed extreme halitosis too so trying to figure out how to manage that too. Thanks

so far I take Kefir, just got Kimchi and sourkraut today, and ate it. Yakalts.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Kbloodless

Specifically stomach ulcers

0 Kudos
desiree465

I'm in the dental hygiene program at my local community college. We provide basic dental care to the community for only a few dollars.  It's 5 dollars for a cleaning at our school. You should check into your local schools that have a dental program because students always need someone to practice on. Halitosis can sometimes be taken care of by addressing tartar build up. 

Barbara145

Sorry for your troubles. I think you need an exam.  Do you have a local health dept?  Also the vaping is making things worse.  There are free programs for nicotine replacement therapy.  Praying for you.   

YoungAtHeart

If you have been quit for 150 days, it's time to quit the vaping, too.  (btw - congratulations on that!!!!)  May not be the cause, but I imagine it is making the situation worse.  Cut up straws if you can't do without the hand to mouth thing and inhale through those. 

The bad breath is probably being caused by the need for a teeth cleaning.  Call around for costs for a teeth cleaning.  You can probably pay for it from the money you save by not buying the vaping juice.

While Kefir can help, a pill form probiotic is more concentrated and might give you more bang for your buck.  I guarantee you that Mimosa's are not on an ulcer diet!!!  I would search for a diet on the internet....ulcersare not anything to fool around with.  If religiously following the diet doesn't calm it down, you need to see a doctor ASAP.  Don't mess around this!!!

Hope you feel better!

Nancy

elvan

I really agree with all of the above.  I have had issues with stomach ulcers on and off for many years...they really are nothing to mess with.  They can be caused by all kinds of things and you need to find out what is going on.  The halitosis could be related to the ulcers or dental issues but you definitely need someone to examine you.  Are there any clinics that have sliding scale near you?  I am so sorry you are going through this.  Congratulations on 150 days smoke free...that's awesome.  I really hope that you feel better.

Ellen

0 Kudos