cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Jen_819

Having a Grumpy Hump Day - But This is Funny

Good morning! So this morning has just been challenging. It is my sons first day of his senior year in high school and of course it is happening remotely. It is bitter sweet, he is my baby and today is his last first day of school, but it just wasn't the same as actually going to school. He signs into a zoom meeting to start his day. Oh well, these are the times. But since I was already at work, I was worried that he would oversleep so I was anxious all morning, but knew smoking wouldn't help wake him up. I was also running late for work today, but smoking wouldn't help. There was just an eggshell in my egg and it made me gag, but smoking wouldn't help. Here is the funniest thing that keeps happening to me today.....I keep taking a deep breath and exhaling, which feels great, but there is a post it note on my desk that I keep blowing away when I do this and I laugh every time! I hope we all get through the day smoke free! I know I will!!! Happy Hump Day!!!!! 

21 Best Wonderful Wednesday images | Wonderful wednesday, Wednesday quotes, Happy  wednesday quotes

8 Replies
YoungAtHeart

Deep breaths are GOOD!

Laughing is even BETTER!

Hoping this pandemic crap gets over with so your son can experience at least SOME of the usual senior year activities!

Hang in there today!  Stay close to us!

Nancy

Jen_819

Thank you!!! 

0 Kudos
elvan

I cannot imagine taking classes via Zoom, l really hope this ends soon. I would have been fretting over MY kids getting up on time too! Some of the incentive to get up came from seeing friends, showing off tans & new clothes...well, that was MY incentive, hahaha!

You have a great sense of humor & made me laugh more than once & l AM crabby today so that’s going some. Thanks.

Ellen

AnnetteMM

I love it! It's so great to find those moments of clarity and laughter and joy in the midst of such angst. What a treasure!

sweetplt

(((Jen))...I am glad you wrote when you are feeling grumpy...and best of all, a bit of humor in your morning...LOL...inhaling and exhaling is where it is out...but without the smokes...I feel bad for your son and kids during the COVID...I hope and pray we will get back to kids going to school and having normal growing up...

Remember the “breathing exercises” and if all else go get a bottle of bubbles and blow them outside...it will help...

Hang tough ... Colleen and a Happy Hump day...639 DOF 

Barbscloud

Hi Jen.  I'm a little (late).  Hope the grumpy morning turned into a much better day.

Bright glossy sun shining through abstract clouds with sun rays — Stock  Vector © elaineitalia #12634497

Barb

Jen_819

Thank you! My day really hasn't got any better haha. I am chuckling about it because I am so proud of myself for not bumming a smoke from someone! The image says it all haha

pastedImage_1.jpg

Bonnie

Thanks for the post and especially for sharing your great attitude...you put a big grin on my face and those muscles needed to be worked   Thanks and have a great SMOKEFREE rest of your day!