cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

princessdeb

HELP!!!

I've been doing so well until just a few minutes ago!  We have a laundry room here at the resort.  The laundry room is right next to the clubhouse...where I used to go to smoke. I haven't been down here for 48 days...doing laundry at my friends place.  

The clothes are in the washer and I am now sitting on the patio.  When I sat down, all I can think about is smoking a cigarette!  The cravings came out of nowhere!   There is 1/2 a smoke in the ashtray on the table in front of me.... I want it!!...Now!

I know smoking won't help with the challenges I'm facing in my life right now....I know NOPE...SINAO..... why now???why this intense desire to smoke now?  

I'm barely hanging on to the 48 days that I have!

Tags (1)
23 Replies
YoungAtHeart

Sorry to be late to the rescue.  Glad I'm no longer needed!

You did GOOD to post HELP here and wait for folks to get back to you!

Think about what ELSE you could have done if we were slow at it.  Crushing that disgusting thing underfoot?  Going for a quick walk?  Counting the red/blue/white things you see?  Listing your reasons for quitting in your head?  Listing the benefits of being quit in your head?

You can still do your wash there probably, but have a plan what ELSE you will do while you wait - and maybe sitting on the patio is not one of them!!

Congratulations on making it through.  You are well on your way to a forever quit!

Nancy

Sandy-9-17-17

Sorry Nancy, but you will always be needed!  Affirmation comes in the form of many here!  You are one of the many!   

elvan

I, too, am sorry to be late but absolutely thrilled that others who are ever so capable, stepped up and helped you get past this.  Craves are LIKE that, many are based on memories...clearly, that place is too big a trigger...you really have come so far and done so well.  Keep going, Deborah.  It WILL get easier.  You are in No Man's Land where the craves pop out of nowhere and they give the illusion of being stronger than they are.  We really are all here holding you up, saying prayers for you, we have all been where you are and we all chose to move on, just like YOU have.

Hugs,

Ellen

Sandy-9-17-17

It goes to show you how strong this site is!  How we all pull together in our time of need to be helpful!  I love this family, as Mandolinrain‌ said it!  I don't have much in the way of family biologically in my life, so having this added family in my life is a true blessing undisguised Truly!

Mandolinrain

I second that! YoungAtHeart Nancy is ALWAYS needed here and loved by us all!!!

YoungAtHeart

You both are too kind.

Thank you!

Barbscloud

Deb, glad you made it through this challenge and someone was available right when you needed them. In addition, to staying away from the clubhouse (that darn clubhouse) , planning something else to do while you there is important.   I keep something in my car to read because I always smoked when I arrived early for any event.  I started playing video games on my phone prior to quitting, but they have been a real life saver.  You hands and your mind are occupied.  My sister left 1/2 cigarettes in the ash tray earlier on in my quit.  I discarded immediately before I even had a chance to think about it. 

I liked Missy's image also.  I'm going to use that one myself.  Above all,  congrats on 48 days. You're doing great.  Remember, you didn't smoke that cigarette.  You'll be stronger the next time you face that situation because you did it  before without smoking.

princessdeb

YoungAtHeart  Nancy...thank you so much for your support! You definitely gave me something to think about.  Doing something else besides sitting and waiting  for my clothes to be done!  I know exactly what to do. 

A week ago I changed my way of eating to clean eating!  So I could continue to take care of myself and sit in the sauna or walk the road that goes around the resort.  It is exactly 1 mile and several people are out and about early while it is still cool.  Thanks again Nancy!!!

princessdeb

elvan Thanks Ellen for responding! I knew being on the patio was going to be a trigger! I thought it wouldn't bother me...but ohhhh was I wrong!! So, no more going down by the clubhouse. I'm turning over a new leaf and that is to become healthy!  Eat clean...workout in the gym and swim laps for my cardio! The gym and the indoor pool have an entrance that is on the back side of the patio.  So that will be my gameplan!

princessdeb

Barbscloud Thanks Barb for your input!  This is a great family. I'm am so happy I found this group.  I don't even know how I found it...it just popped up in front of me while I was online looking for quit smoking help.  That was not a coincidence. .. I truly believe everything happens for a reason   I'm so happy all of you are on this journey with me