cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Alicatsam

HELP!

I'm on day 11 and it's all day rain and I'm in the last smoking-allowed building in the city. Rainy weather makes the cravings worse, and of course I don't have to go out to smoke. Roommate has cigarettes and there is a store right across the street.

I started to panic so I put in a patch a little while ago.

I'm trying to hang in there until I have to go to work in less than 2 hours, where I can't smoke indoors. 

Hard to focus on anything else, hard to distract from the thoughts with reading or watching or doing anything.

Just trying to hang in there another couple of hours. 

There's also the thought of having to put rain gear on myself and my dog and the 20 min walk in the cold and rainy to get to work. That makes me need a calming smoke too.

I'm gonna try chewing on sugar free gum until I feel sick. I got the nicotine gum too, but that makes me cough and feel nauseous after a few chews.

Tags (1)
33 Replies
Barbscloud

How are you doing today?

Alicatsam

Yes, I have been limiting Oliver's exposure, spending a lot more time outside and closing the room door when we get home, keeping my window open. I might get an air filtration thing if I can find a cheap one that fits in a tiny space.

sweetplt

Good to see you ...been wondering where you have been...glad you are getting out and about ... ~ Colleen 183 DOF 

elvan

Good for you, I should have known you would protect Oliver.  Great job!  You really ARE doing well and it is going to get easier!

Ellen