cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

lena2

HAVING A CHILD NEED TO STOP NOW AND JUST STARTED LAST SEPT. AND DONT WANT TO MAKE A YEAR

I NEED HELP I CAN GO FOR DAYS WITH OUT SMOKING WHEN I GET A CRAIVING I JUST HAVE TO DO IT I DONT KNOW WHAT OT DO I AM IN MY 4 PREGNACY AND WANT EVERTHING TO E OKAY PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!
0 Kudos
9 Replies
aaron13

Hi Lena. You can do this. If not for yourself then do it for your child. Smoking is an awful habit take it from some of the people on this board, or take it from me. I had been smoking a pack a day for 10 years, the thought of 1 day without a smoke was debilitating. If you can go days without a problem go those days then go some more. Most people on here will tell you that you are at the early stage of an addiction if you can walk away now DO IT! Because when it gets to the point that you cant even go an hour without a smoke the ability to walk away from feels like it's impossible. Just don't smoke when you need help or you feel like your going to break just come and start posting or read, go for a walk do anything you want just don't pick up that cigarette. You'll be fine everybody is rooting for you
0 Kudos
lena2

i wante dto say thanks that really helped me out alot thatnks and i know that i can do it i hope
0 Kudos
lena2

thanx i really apprciate all the support maye we can just keep intouch like soer uddie
0 Kudos
lena2

thanks
0 Kudos
barbara42

LENA,
Quit now baby girl, because time goes by too fast and it will be 42 years of smoking like me if you do not stop now. I have only 44 days of non-smoking right now, but if GOD lets me live I will be a non smoker for the rest of my time on earth. you can too, good luck
0 Kudos
mindy6

Best wishes with the baby!! How exciting! A motivating factor might be to look into what health and mental health problems are linked to mothers smoking during pregnancy and around infants. I know I had chronic ear infections and strep throat. I was also born with a heart problem and had to have surgery at 13 months of age. Both my parents smoked and yes my mom smoked when she was pregnant with me. Stick with this website and you'll be A-OK!
0 Kudos
cyndi5

That is great im so happy for you that you took the first step and want to quit and that your thinking about your baby. it is best to quit now when you havnt smoked for to long. This site is also a great help and has so much suport and they all really helped me.
0 Kudos
polly2

Hey Lena -- have you done the EX program yet to learn what your triggers are, track your cigarettes and learn how to distract yourself from smoking? If not, that's what I would recommend. It seems to me that if you can go for days and then have to have a cigarette, that your mind must be controlling your reactions...I've found that in order to successfully remain a non-smoker, that I take it one day at a time. It's all about change. I've had to change my thought patterns to deal with the mental addiction, which is really more ingrained in us than the physical addiction. My mantra is smoking is not an option. It cuts off any further thoughts of smoking for me. If it's not an option, then why give it more thought? Check out www.quitsmokingonline.com to get some more information about how our minds can help us work through this. Cravings won't kill you but smoking will...The key for me is to stay as positive as possible and stay away from those random thoughts of smoking. There is no such thing as one cigarette for me. One cigarette will take me back to being a full fledged smoker. Way to go for putting up a post!! I hope you will do the ex program -- www.becomeanex.org . We are all here to help you. If you work it, it will work for you!! I hope to see you here soon as a non-smoker marching with the rest of us for FREEDOM!!
0 Kudos
keri

you can do this -- I wish you luck -- I had trouble, but was able to quit during each of my pregnancies (and I was a pack a day smoker) -- every time, I went back. I always regretted it. If you can go days without one, I know you can find the strength to quit -- at least during the pregnancy(and hopefully for good : ] )
The key for me was not to put pressure on myself -- I found outlets like taking a hot shower or going for a walk.. even just staying to myself for 5/10 minutes
I hope this helps-- best of luck
--keri
0 Kudos