cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

toni11

Great! Now I'm addicted to nicotine gum!

Just joined this site a few minutes ago as I'm desperate. I HAD to quit smoking when hospitalized in late June 2006 with severe respiratory problems. Within 2 weeks, although still not breathing normally, I bought some nicotine gum and have been chewing it ever since. That's right...2 years of nicotine gum chewing! Dr prescribed a quit smoking new medication a few months ago but I did not get it filled because of terrible side affects I had heard about, plus it is not covered by insurance and cost a small fortune. Has anyone else kicked the nicotine gum habit?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
carlie

Gee - I hate to burst anyone's bubble here...but I believe you do whatever works for you...as long as it works !!!

I quit smoking 33 days ago...I used the Nicorette gum. After 3 weeks, I noticed I was chewing the gum less and less - till I was only chewing 2 or 3 pieces a day. I substituted Trident sugarless gum - it's shaped the same; hard to chew; and tastes the same....I haven't had Nicorette gum for 3 days now - I'm nicotine free !!!!!! OMG !!!!

Gradually substitute the regular gum for the nicotine gum...funny; but we can actually fake out our own minds !!!

Good Luck !!!!
0 Kudos
toni11

Thanks for all the GOOD advice y'all. I'm on the WhyQuit website right now, am armed with cinnamon candy and lots of packs of gum which I pray will help.
0 Kudos