cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

MichelleDiane

Gratitude

As I get ready to call it a night I am thinking about my day.  I feel so good about not smoking.  It's strange that yesterday I was in such bad shape and today was good.  I was sitting and doing needlework and my daughter came down to be with me.  We will be taking her back to college tomorrow.  (I miss her already).  She said she had a dream last night that I was smoking on my 18th day.  She said it worried her.  I told her that I didn't and that I haven't smoked in 19 days.  She said that's almost a month.  I said no it's only about two weeks.  She looked at me like I was nuts (I am, but the look she gave me made me seem worse than nuts).  Then I realized that tomorrow will be three weeks.  She left the room and said I'm so glad it was just a dream.  "Mom I'm proud of you."  That's all I needed to hear.  I know I will have good days and bad days regardless of not smoking, but I will be better equip to manage them without smoking.  I also know that I have a lot of gratitude for the people in my life who care about me.  Thank you Ex-Community.  My daughter thanks you too for helping her mom get healthy to be there for her graduation in the spring.

-Michelle

10 Replies
JACKIE1-25-15

Wow not smoking can really help with special moments.  So many things unspoken now are heard.  Great mom, wonderful daughter.  You are both blessed. 

0 Kudos
MichelleDiane

Thanks Jackie.  Have a blessed evening.

Regards,

Michelle

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

And -  just think - three weeks ago you might have been feeding your addiction and NEVER had that moment!

I am so happy for you both!

Nancy

0 Kudos
MichelleDiane

Thanks Nancy.  I am very close with all of my children (3), but my youngest is the most sensitive.  She is fearful, so what I am doing (or should I say not doing) in not just helping me, but helping her.  

Good night,

Michelle

Sootie

YAY YOU!!!! Keep going....you are doing great.

elvan

I am SO proud of you!  You really are doing a great job!

Giulia

Some days we're in bad shape with this quitting thing.  Some days we're happy about it.  That's just the nature of the journey.  Like marriage - for better or for worse.  I think in the case of quitting it's for better AND or worse!  lol  The 'better' gets better with age.  Which may not always be true of other scenarios. 

I'm glad you have that daughter. 

Jennifer-Quit

Congrats on 3 weeks! So happy that you have your daughter for support - she sounds wise!

pir8fan

Great job of recognizing a beautiful moment that never would have happened to the addicted person that used to be you! We often thing of the fantastic moments that we have missed while we were off somewhere feeding our addiction, but there is not a lot of focus on the magical moments that are created by the fact that we broke the addiction! Live Free my Friend! Live Smoke Feee!!

Tommy