cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

m0ndag

Goodbye Letter

This is probably the 15th time I’ve quit, and failed. I will try again tomorrow.

It’s amazing the lies a dopamine-deprived brain will tell. I will try again tomorrow.

I don’t want to hurt my loved ones. I will try again tomorrow.

I will put my why’s in a visible place.

I will set my routine for riding the wave.

And I will try again tomorrow.

So here’s my good-bye to nicotine. I want to say **bleep** you, but you did for me what no one else would do. But I don’t need you anymore, even if you try to make me think I do. So thank you, **bleep** you, and **bleep** all the things that went went wrong and people who fell short to get me here.

But here are my whys - the people who didn’t fall short, they just arrived to the game in the third inning. I’m not going to strike out on you over what happened before you got here. Especially him. I want a long life with him, even if it’s painful, because he’s worth it and I’m worth it and we’re worth it.

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Barbscloud

@m0ndag  Welcome to the Ex and glad you've made the commitment to quit.  Great good-bye letter to get you started on your journey.  Spend time educating yourself about nicotine addiction and creating a quit plan.  Many have found success with knowledge and preparation.   It took me 50 years and many attempts to finally get it. I went into my quits blindly and was never successful.  In addiction to some aids, I found the Ex a week prior to my quit.  For the first time I learned how to quit and had the support that was always lacking.

This link is a great lace to start.

https://www.becomeanex.org/guides/?cid=footer_community_linktobex

Make the commitment and you can do this too--no "trying"  .  We're here to support you on your journey.  So reach out anytime you need help, want to share your experience or to support fellow quitters. We're all in this together.

Excited to be celebrating your first day.

Barbscloud_1-1656003411911.jpeg

Barb