cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

tina26

General Support

hi tam, I was thinking that the steps will be a big part of my program...stubborn is my middle name
0 Kudos
536 Replies
luisdeleon619

Been 7 days without nicotine patch 

0 Kudos
mare11

Hang in there, Jenn; I have a family of smokers, and i got the same reaction - almost like I was "the enemy" LOL.  I'm on chantix again (took it some 5 yrs ago), and it's been 18 days with NO CIGS!!!!

I keep this in mind when I'm faltering:  this is a decision I made, for ME only, because I wanted to do this; nobody talked me into it, and no one will talk me out of it.  I "own" the fact that I have stopped smoking and i'm dang proud of that!  🙂 

0 Kudos
lyzw82-2

How is the quit going? Nevermind what other people think. This is about you, your body, your health, your happiness. Stay strong!

At the end of the day, you can focus on what's tearing you apart or what's holding you together! Be ...

0 Kudos

To all: I am scared to quit also. Even though I had quit for 9 yrs about 25 yrs ago, so I should know that there is life beyond holding & puffing away. I found much joy and fun without a cig. I didn't even think of them anymore. So, that should be proof that life goes on (much better) and we will not identify with smoking at all. My quit date is 4-30-13, and, yes, I am still scared. Trying to brainwash myself & be happy, not sad. We are not giving something up, we are gaining a whole lot!!! My grown kids will be so proud.

0 Kudos
nero2

3 days before my quit date,,im having thoughts on if i can really do it,

0 Kudos
SarahP

Hi everyone -- there doesn't seem to be much activity here recently, I just want to be sure everyone understands where to go on this site for the most support. Please feel free to join the main community by clicking on the "Blogs" tab, next to the "Groups" tab at the top of this page. This is where you will find the most well-rounded support for your quit, including new quitters such as yourselves, experienced quitters, and everyone in between. If you haven’t already done so, please write a blog there introducing yourself and telling us your story! 

0 Kudos
poliscimajor

I am so sick I have been binging I am going to come here regular I get text messages and I have been going on the 4 hour mini quits

0 Kudos
SarahP

Hi Csondra, welcome to the site!  It looks like you've already posted on the main Blogs page, that's great!  That's where most of the community hangs out and is where you will get the most support. These groups aren't monitored very frequently... 

Welcome aboard! We're here to support you! 

0 Kudos
raystahl68

Well I'm just trying to stay smoke free, I can't figure out how ppl gain lbs. I do so much now to stay smokeless I can't sleep! Thanks for the patches, their a big help.
Sorry I haven't been on much, just trying to stay busy, As long as I stay busy, the cravings don't bother me. I hope they stop before long.

0 Kudos

I need help. I have my last cigarette. What do I do in the meantime in between time?

0 Kudos