cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

tina26

General Support

hi tam, I was thinking that the steps will be a big part of my program...stubborn is my middle name
0 Kudos
536 Replies
sheepdog70

Hi, there! I only joined today and am checking out the web site. I stopped smoking right before New Year's by taking Chantix and it's been a god-send! It has not been really too difficult after the first 2 weeks and let me just say that I LOVED to smoke and have smoked for 30 years. So, it's been huge with me about not having "nicotine withdrawals" and wanting a smoke. I've not had any side effects other than some pretty strange dreams...but it's not so bad. What's amazing to me is waking up now in the mornings and not even thinking about a cigarette.   Also, I eat lots of fresh fruit and veggies and drink tons of water. Now, to step up my cardio....but I have not gained any weight. Good luck to you on your start date. It sounds like you have everything covered to start a "new" life after cigarettes.

0 Kudos
donna-b2

glad to be here,  I just found this sight today  10 days smoke free and think its awsome  i have found that there are real people out there fighting the same battles and wanting the same victory that I do.  In a way we are soldiers all fighting the same war. there are many smokers in my life.  i think i will need to be stopping in and visiting daily

0 Kudos
carrie-cruse

New Recommended Reading....DR. John Townsend's "Who's Pushing Your Buttons" talks about how to handle the difficult people in your life. I just started going to my group again now that the holidays are over and this is the book we are reading as homework. I found it very interesting that how we say people "push our buttons". I know for a fact that I have said that alot about my ex-husband, LOL. But I am learning now that it is actually me who is causing him to push those buttons. =/ who would have thought that? LOL I guess the way I am learning this is, its how I communicate with him that causes his "reaction" hence him "pushing those buttons".

I go to my group weekly on Wednesday evenings so I hope that by the weekends I will have my homework done and can share more as I learn more. I guess you can teach an old dog new tricks.LOL!

Have a Blessed Evening.

0 Kudos
anna64

HI to all...This is my second trip on this website....unfortanutaly it didn't work... I let one of my triggers take control and now I'm back a couple years later....BUT with a new outlook this time and I will NO longer GIVE triggers MY POWER....I hope to be successful this time and stay a permanant Non-Smoker......And really...my life depends on this success.....Thanks to all of ya'll that actually read these posts!!  Have a Great Smoke Free Night  :O)

0 Kudos
coug

Love the new group kelly 🙂

0 Kudos
ks100207

Welcome and thank you Coug.  How are you tonight?  Choose your color and size of wings that fit your personallity.  Once you find the wings you want post them as your photo image for atleast one week to promote other Angels to want to join.  We are going to have so much fun and don't worry,  there are no smoke breaks here...lol

0 Kudos
coug

yeah got my wings lol I am good and you?

0 Kudos
ks100207

I'm good tonight thank you.  Prednizones been keeping me up but I feel better.  I absolutely LOOOVVVEEE YOUR WINGS!  

This is going to be the coolest group on this site

0 Kudos
coug

0 Kudos
ks100207

WoooHooo!  Welcome Tex Lady   Yeeee Haaaa I'm so happy to see you here!  Loving your beautiful wings tonight.

0 Kudos