cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

tina26

General Support

hi tam, I was thinking that the steps will be a big part of my program...stubborn is my middle name
0 Kudos
536 Replies
ebbrewer84

I have been free for smoking for 24 days!! I quit after reading Quit Smoking the Easy Way by Allen Carr.  It really made me think differently about quitting.  I realized this time I wasn't giving up a thing....I gave my self the biggest gift!
0 Kudos
drifter

thank you for this group!

0 Kudos

Is this group still active??? Haven't seen any recent AA Thoughts for the day.  Just wondering

Abby

0 Kudos

Is this group still active??? Haven't seen any recent AA Thoughts for the day.  Just wondering

Abby

0 Kudos
ray11

My QUIT day is Jan/10. Meantime I am cutting down drastically, from 2 pak a day to 11 in a month! Have smoked since I was 12.

God, I have done some difficult things, but defeating cigarettes--this is honestly the hardest thing I have ever encountered. The fright, an the smoke demons whispering in your ear "just one more" constantly.  When does it get Better?   Ray

0 Kudos
olivia

Glad this group exists! 12 hours smoke free and will be going to AA once again on Sunday 🙂

0 Kudos
lana3

What happened to jv?  I loved seeing what he had to say each morning.  I miss him.

0 Kudos
Rick_M

knock - knock

0 Kudos
kay17

Was in this group about a year ago when it was more active. I am going to work the steps on this quit (blew 6 months on a trip to Vegas with my new smoke of choice- little grape cigars). I am 21 years in AA and have a solid program, but I am relearning about the addict that lives dormant in my head until I feed it something that triggers the phenomenon of craving. Once it starts, it takes over. I truly felt free of my most destructive addictions the 6 months I had smoke free. Then I thought a little cigar over a game of video poker or out on the golf course would be pretty harmless - I could be like one of those guys I work with that just enjoys a cigar now and then. Well- I am not a guy (a female), and I am also an addict. I can't do something "once in awhile". Once its in my system, I obsess and it takes over. I quit on Chantix last time, and I am now debating if I should get another scrip? I want to do this completely free of a crutch, but that worked really well for me, and I didn't even finish half the scrip because I got so nauseated and it so screwed up my much needed sleep. I want tomorrow to be my quit day, but I have actually set it out to January 24 when I have to travel for work and I will be out of my rut. I have been wanting it to be tomorrow since New Year's, but I am back on this site and I am getting the education and see the support and every minute that goes by I see to say "Just for this minute, I don't have to smoke". Made a decision, made a decision, made a decision... to turn our will and life over to the care of God. Blessings to everyone who is a friend of Bill W. Addiction hides in you and comes back when you least expect it.

0 Kudos
angie46

I dont see a point in people smoking on tv and movies if it isnt about cancer then why is it needed 2 smoke on these shows. It seems like everything I have tried 2 watch since I quit smoking november 7th some1 in everything i watch is smoking now i never noticed it when i was smoking. I never knew andy griffin smoked until i quit 1 day i thought that would b something "safe" 2 watch sure enough the only time i have ever seen andy light up i was shocked. Seeing people smoke seems 2 b a BIG trigger 4 me. So far i have done well. I chew straws when i crave. When people walk past me like in the store or some place I can smell the difference between the smokers and the non smokers. I cant believe I smelled that way.

0 Kudos