cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

rgr2018

GEARING UP TO QUIT.

Hi All - I am getting ready to start the first serious quit I have tried in many years. I am 68 yo and have smoked 50 of them. In the last few years, I’ve smoked about 1 ½ packs per day.  I have lots of questions, but one of the most pressing is whether it is too late for me to quit? I have educated myself reading the various blogs and several books.  I do have some COPD, but not any cancers or other smoking related diseases.

The other question I have relates to cutting down.  I have set my quit date for Jan. 1, 2019 and I have been keeping track of my cigarettes to determine which are the most important to me.  During the course of this I have found I’ve cut down to a little under a pack per day.  Should I continue to try to cut down or just wait until my quit date? In retrospect this sounds like a stupid question, but I’ve read stuff that says don’t put your energy into cutting down because I’m still maintaining the addiction.

Any help you can provide would be more than welcome.  Best regards, RGR.

21 Replies
rgr2018

Barb - Congratulations!!! You must be sooo proud.  It certainly

help to give me hope when I get to the date.  Best regards, Rosemary

Giulia

Chantix is not an NRT, you are correct in that.  

0 Kudos