cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

lizzo

Freakiest Chantix Dream?

I was just talking to another member about Chantix dreams... Anyone want to share a freaky Chantix dream?
Mine seem to have an insect theme. Either lots of insects or big insects attacking me. I am really not afraid of insects. Weird.
0 Kudos
14 Replies
lizzo

Wow, my dreams aren't that bad... Was she able to continue her quitting?
0 Kudos
lizzo

Thanks! I will keep on qutting!!!
0 Kudos
lizzo

Wow.. that is freaky....Its like all the little dust bunnies of the subconscious get swept into one dream... weird.
0 Kudos
mel3

I started chantix on january 1st through mid feb. By January 25th i wanted no part of smoking.I was fine for about a week,then i quit the pills and slowly started having a smoke here and there,before i knew it i was a full blown smoker again.I was pissed off,i thought after all the freaky dreams and weird things i went through here i am again.So i restarted the chantix,but the dreams became even more bizzare,in one dream i was bartending and the owner of this bar was insisting i eat this meat she brought me so i finally did.After i ate it she told me it was baby! I woke up and ran to the bathroom and got sick! In another dream i was at a wedding and someone asked me to get them a pop out of the cooler,i woke up standing up,bent over on the other side of my bedroom as if i were reaching in the cooler.I WAS SLEEP WALKING! Well that was enough for me,i just totally quit taking them.I was hypnotised on april 16th and i haven't had a cigarette since,i have put on some weight because the hand to mouth thing (i was eating candy)but now i have that under control,lol no more candy.I wish everyone lots of luck with the chantix,once you stop smoking don't stop the pills,you need to take them for the whole 3 months.
0 Kudos
steve6

Either my normal dreaming is vivid, or the Chantix hasn't notably messed with my sleeping. Regardless, one thing that has happened, I've had several dreams where all of a sudden I realize that I'm putting out a cigarette (in the dream). I get really upset and disappointed that I lit it up without even thinking about it, and knowing that I'm going to have to go through quitting again. When I wake up, it's such a relief to realize that my quit is still intact. The weird thing about this to me is that I never remember lighting up or smoking, just mashing it out in the ashtray.
0 Kudos
lizzo

Steve, I had those dreams too. I woke up in the morning after dreaming of smoking, and it was so real I thought I had actually smoked. When I realized I had not-- I was all happy. Chantix dreams are weird.
0 Kudos
leanna2

oh man, i wanted to see about starting on Chantix, this is scaring me though :S
0 Kudos
tara2

My worst was on the fourth night of taking it. I feel asleep with no problem. I was dreaming of myslef laying in bed and that there was someone in my room. I was laying there very still not sure what to do. Then this person hit me in the back of my head and I woke up screaming. Of course this woke Eric up too. Then I realized that the back of my head actually did hurt so I spent the next five minutes yelling at him thinking he had to have hit me in the head. After that, everytime I would start to dose off, I would feel that "presence" in my room again, so needless to say I sleep none that night.
0 Kudos
lizzo

yeah.. that's pretty freaky!!!
0 Kudos