cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

lizzo

Freakiest Chantix Dream?

I was just talking to another member about Chantix dreams... Anyone want to share a freaky Chantix dream?
Mine seem to have an insect theme. Either lots of insects or big insects attacking me. I am really not afraid of insects. Weird.
0 Kudos
14 Replies
mel3

I just wanted to add that i called CHANTIX when i was taking it and asked when the crazy dreams would stop and they said they didn't know,but when i quit taking it they stopped,now i sleep peacefull.I'm not knocking the pills, they did work,I just had too many side affects including sleep walking so it wasn't for me.
0 Kudos
kgb

I have had so many weird dreams on the Chantix it is not even funny anymore. The worst part is that when I use to get weird and scary dreams I would wake up and go smoke a cig to clear my brain but now that I have quit I dont have that release to clear my head. Being an overnight worker it is hard enough to get sufficient sleep but with the addition of Chantix it has screwed with my sleeping more. However, I have to say that the Chantix does work. A few months ago I tried to quit and did that by being on the Chantix but I was never able to stop the smoking. After 2 months of both I ditched the pills because of the dreams and soon enough I was back to my old routines if not smoking more.

This month I made the commitment that I was done and have not had a cig in close to a week! I am on the Chantix again and even though I knew that the dreams would be there I decided to go with it since it was the only thing that ever really worked for me. I figure the dreams are well worth it for the next month or 2 if it means that I will be healthy and not to mention I will have more money to see a shrink if these dreams really affect me, lol just kidding!

Trust me when I say stick with it and the outcome will be awesome!!! Dreams fade away when you wake up but lung cancer is forever.
0 Kudos
lizzo

Yeah.. I felt like stopping the Chantix the first two weeks. It is not for everyone. I still have the freaky dreams but its been worth it.
0 Kudos
donna22

I took chantix a year ago and had horrendous dreams, they were so awful I quit taking it and never did quit smoking...This time I'm doing great with it, the dreams I have I like sort of, most of them have for some reason had my dog in them but I keep losing her and then I wake up before I find her, but then I'm awake and there she is...
My favorite was one with my dad in it, he passed away in 1994, In this dream I was some sort of a volunteer in a VA hospital, and I was on a ward and there was my dad...he was sitting in bed and looked just great, we talked a while and then I spirited him away from there.....kind of weird I know.
Donna
0 Kudos
irishmike

Initially, I had bad nightmares, but now I find that I am having very detailed, full color dreams. Have not had a nightmare in a long time. Keep dreaming about Ireland, where I grew up. The detail is amazing though.
0 Kudos