cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

andrew3

First day of not smoking

Well today I quit smoking. I woke up at 8. I decided I was going to try the nicotine lozenge's. I have tried the patch two or three other times, and found I was still getting mad cravings, and headaches. The first few days. So far I have used three Lozenge's today, and every time my headache has gone away. I did have some really hard situations to get through today. One of the people I work with pulled out a cigarette in my car, but the other worker with me who also smokes yelled at him. Told him to respect me cause I am quitting. Other than that just walking into work, and seeing everyone standing outside to smoke was also very hard. Just the smell of smoke is a trigger. I however was able to fight these triggers.
My cravings are still there but I am not having a problem with them. This is seriously like a new experience for me. I am so used to fighting hard, and to tell you the truth I feel like I am on my 5th day of not smoking. Now I understand I am still on the first day, and have a long and hard fight to get to five days. This time however feels different. I know I can do it this time. I am happy, and excited. Who would have ever thought someone would be happy and excited on their first day. I can't wait till my one week, one month, 6 month and 1 year anniversary of quitting.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
pamela

Welcome Andrew, I know this has nothing to do with quitting smoking but I just have to know..... What did the balut taste like. was chicken or duck?
0 Kudos
pamela

Congradulations on your quit.... You are going to do great. you have a good attitude!!!! Keep fighting the fight and don't give up.
0 Kudos
andrew3

It actually tasted like egg. I would say a lot more eggier if that makes sense. I sucked the juice out first which was interesting to say the least. The liquid also tasted like egg. I only took one bite however. Her father had to finish the rest of it. It really was not that bad once you get over the sight of it.
0 Kudos
anna12

MyHotComments.com
MyHotComments
You have the right attitude to make this the last quit you do! I wish you all the best and know that we are here for you if you get into a bind! HAVE MANY WONDERFUL SMOKE FREE DAYS =0)
0 Kudos
laura30

Andrew, congrats on your quit!! Awesome that you can fight off the cravings with others smoking around you!! I am on day 4 and VERY fortunate that few people at my job are smokers (even if they smoke they have a special area out by the dumpsters that is a good distance from the building; I don't even have to see them). My husband is an avid non-smoker (has never smoked) so I don't have to see it at home either. So far the hardest part is that I commute about an hour a day to work in awful traffic - occasionally I glance over and see someone in another car smoking - at this point I quickly look away and pop another piece of gum in my mouth. Have a great day!
windy-maddox

CONGRATES!!!!! I hope im as brave and chill about it as you. keep it up and good luck!!!
0 Kudos