cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

janet-schmidt

Help with cravings

I got sick two weeks ago with broncitis (sp). I haven't touched a cig. since. I really want one, but I know if I do I'll be right back. I hope as time goes on these cravings will go away. I'm thinking of the patch but right now I don't have any nicotine in my body after two weeks, it's just all in my head and I hope it will stop!
0 Kudos
6 Replies
christine2007

My recommendation would be to stay away from nicotine... it could trigger even bigger cravings since you haven't had any in two weeks. GREAT job, by the way!!!

I used to have bronchitis leading to pneumonia (3x in 2007) before I finally quit. I have not had pneumonia even once in over a year.

Now that you're on your way... substitute gum or snacks temporarily whenever you have the feeling that you might want a butt. You're through the worst of it Janet! Keep going, girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You CAN do this! Yay for you!
0 Kudos
barbara42

you have already went through hell and heck week, do not use any thing, it will only keep nicotine in you and you have already got it out. you are right, it is a mind game now, show it who is boss peace!
0 Kudos
edith2

Isn't it amazing how things happen for a reason? I agree with Christine. Just try to stay busy and do things to take your mind off the cravings. They are only temporary and will not last forever. You'll never regret not giving in to them!
0 Kudos
janet-schmidt

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR SUPPORT TOMORROW WILL BE 3 WEEKS!!
0 Kudos
christine2007

YAY!!!
0 Kudos
linda8

Glad to see you didn't give in! Way to go girl!!!!!
0 Kudos