cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Find a Quit Buddy

I am looking for a quit buddy that will have a few minutes to chat, probably in the evenings, about our journeys to becoming EXs. I am looking for another college student, and would prefer to talk to someone else who is athletic. The struggle between being an athlete and a smoker is quite the battle! Feel free to message me!! Good luck!!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
432 Replies
lvirnwrkr

Hey,how are you guys doing?Hope you are still EX's!I am giving it a try,signed up two days ago.Looking at groups now with the limited time I have.Good luck to all.

0 Kudos
cece4569

I signed up recently, set a quit date, and have been really cutting down. I have been following all of the advice on here but it seems like I have difficulty getting through those moments of craving. I need a buddy!

0 Kudos
missserenaz

Hello guys...today is my last day of smoking, time to quit tomorrow...I will help you guys as best as I can, and hopefully you can help me too...

0 Kudos
gemini159

I joined yesterday, and Ive been on this site for 3 hours.. This site is AMAZING and the EX Community is SO HELPFUL !!! I didnt even know this site was available. I was on another site, when EX appeared - on a "pop up." I am so glad that it popped up. I KNOW this was not a coincidence. I have read quite a lot of beneficial information here.... Im already nervous - about quitting - but this is something that I must do, for myself and for my great family. ShawnLJohnson 20, this is the best place, to be. Good Luck !!

0 Kudos
twogun2

Hi all you addicks. (ex and current).  I very very much want and need to quit smoking.  (As I sit here writing this and smoking a cig.)  My quit date is Feb.14,2014.  That is the time the Almanac says is a good time.  I kind of believe in that stuff, sort of like horascopes, and then again I don't.  I have a brain disorder sort of like seizures that is not making this any easier.  (not an excuse)  The last time I tried to quit I 'checked out' and walked into a post. I only have a vauge remembrance of it.  I was also under a lot of stress at the time which has been know to cause my periods of 'checking out'.  If anyone has had any experience simular to this I would like to hear from you.  I am going to need a lot of help,  support and ADVISE to get thru this.  I am also NOT very computer savvy.  Hoping I can navigate the web site.  PLEASE ~ ANY HELP REALLY APPRECIATED.  THANKS !

0 Kudos
Chebbring

i really needing the support  i have  had a few people pass away on me and it is hard.

0 Kudos
Chebbring

i really needing the support  i have  had a few people pass away on me and it is hard.

0 Kudos
joyjj7-2

Hi everyone. It's been 1 month smoke free. I would love to be a support to you guys needing some encouragement. I tried cold turkey, and nicotine gum and it didn't work for me. Every idividual is different and finding what works for you as an individual is important. Avoid people who dont believe in your decision to quit for ahwile. I had to. My husband and I ordered an ecigarette vaporizer at canvape.com. We had it ship to our local flea market so we could start sooner. The woman working there was an ex smoker of 40 years with cancer. She quit with the ecigarette. The staff is so supportive and helpful online and in person. My husband and I both quit together and it was easy. We went from 24mg of nicotine down to the lowest which is 6mg, the next stage is nicotene free vapor. I bought my mom a ecigaette last mothers day and she hasn't smoked since.I'm a happy customer, since 2 people I love the most are getting healthy. And my son loves that I dont smell like smoke anymore. This system is great for people who have smoked for many years. Im on disibility and the products on the website are affordable and we save more money using them.  It is really satisfying, more than the nicotene. Your body doesn't get a shock of your system like quiting cold turkey. I can breathe again, taste and smell better, I dont wake up with chest pains anymore and I dont cough up phlem either. If any of you guys wanna email me im also happy to respond via email at  [email address removed]

Edited by Mark to remove contact information. Please only share contact information via private messages with trusted members.

0 Kudos

Is anyone still actively using this group?

0 Kudos
FumadorX

Hey,

I would quit smoking tomorrow.

It will be great if someone becomes my 'quit buddy'.

Do drop me a line.

Cheers.

0 Kudos