cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Find a Quit Buddy

I am looking for a quit buddy that will have a few minutes to chat, probably in the evenings, about our journeys to becoming EXs. I am looking for another college student, and would prefer to talk to someone else who is athletic. The struggle between being an athlete and a smoker is quite the battle! Feel free to message me!! Good luck!!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
432 Replies
bikergirl1031

Day 2. Still struggling but I can do this. I keep motivating myself w the money I can put into my savings. It used to go up in smoke but it will be going in the bank no matter what!!!! I always had money for cigs so it will be put in an acct now. NO EXCUSES!!!!!! Here at work I sit next to a guy who goes out to smoke every hour. He comes in stinking so bad but I try to keep my mouth shut. I am a VERY outgoing, out w it type of person but yeterday I bet I did not say 2 words to anyone then I went home & went to bed. I can't wait for the day when this struggle is easier!!!! Last night I did get up long enough to eat then I was really craving a cig. I did not fail though! Sunday night I knew that was my last night so any cigs that were left I broke into tiny pieces & threw them out.

This too shall pass & w the Lord's help this will get easier.

I keep asking myself why I started when I had it kicked for 8 months back in the 90s but a traumatic thing hit my life & I picked up a cig as if I never quit. Oh well I can't keep looking back, only ahead to a healthy me!

Thanks for listening!

0 Kudos
nino2

hi i just joined need help too hard to do on your own .people who never smoked just dont understand look foward to hearing from pepole and good luck    nino

0 Kudos
paulette43

I am iterested in finding a friend to help me. I remember the first time I ever smoked I was five I am forty three now. Smoking has really hindered me in so many ways that I really never realized until lately. All my health problems are sobering. I really thought I was in good health. I really think I have been in denial for a while.

0 Kudos
aliveman

I don't know if this is the right place to post this but I want help to quit smoking forever. The thing is though I'm looking for a Lady to help me not necessarily a man. I recently lost my Lady and feel a trust when a Lady is with me! I don't know what else to say but that I trust a Lady who also wants a man to take care of her when she's in need.

Thanks,

Aliveman

0 Kudos
michelle1993

I am so thankful for this site and would like a quit buddy so we can help each other through My name is Michelle and am really struggling my dad is really sick and it is hard so if anyone wants to be quit buddies let me know...god bless

0 Kudos
ssp63

Hi everyone! FIrst day looking around this site.  My quit date is Jan 19, 2012. It's tough keeping myself motivated but I've done it.  Can always use support and give support too!  Nice weather is on its way here in Pittsburgh and this quit I'd like to start walking in the morning!   I seem to do better when I start something a little different every week.  Good Luck to Everyone! We can do it!

0 Kudos

I am quitting again. Hopefully this time I will be powerful enough to STAY quit. Its not easy to do this but I always feel so good about myself but then somehow end up with a stinky cancer stick in my hand months down the line. I got many reasons to want to live. I am a balanced intelligent person so why do I smoke? I am looking for a quitting buddy to be able to laugh with when the quitting gets tough. Im easy going and talkative.

0 Kudos
nancy123

I have also smoked for 40yrs.  Fortuanately, I am still in good health.  I would really like to quit while that is still the case.  Quit date set for March 18, 2012.  I have already cut down to about three cigs a day.  Still having a diffiuclt time.

Nancy

0 Kudos
nancy123

I have also smoked for 40yrs.  Fortuanately, I am still in good health.  I would really like to quit while that is still the case.  Quit date set for March 18, 2012.  I have already cut down to about three cigs a day.  Still having a diffiuclt time.

Nancy

0 Kudos
bikergirl1031

Hello quit buddies! I am 10 days in now. The 1st week was rough but I am still not smoking! I started doing Zumba on Wii & I LOVE IT!!!!! In stead of spending money on cigs, I am spending money on my health! That is a change for me. I have been journaling my struggles & my successes which is also helping. I was sitting here at work & wondering why today I was jonesing for a cig then I realized I forgot to put my patch on. I was on line last night & saw a nicotine detox, it is a natural way to get all nicotine out of a smoker's body in 7 days, there is a 4 step process which involves taking herbal supplements. I was wondering if anyone has tried this. It sounds so appealing to detox & get it over w.

The mental addiction is worse than the physical!!!! I find at night I want to smoke so I keep myself busy. My husband is supportive too. I told him on Sat I wanted a cig after we went through a frustrating situation but he said no! That helped believe it or not. Support is the key to this quit!!!! I still have no quitting buddy here on this site so I will just keep posting as time allows.

Another frustrating thing is I sit in between smokers at my job & the one goes out every hour & comes in stinking so bad!!!! I brought a candle in, that helps a little. Keeping my mind on my job or whatever task I have going on does help. I really do want to break this for life!!!!!

If you are listening, thank you!

0 Kudos