cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Find a Quit Buddy

I am looking for a quit buddy that will have a few minutes to chat, probably in the evenings, about our journeys to becoming EXs. I am looking for another college student, and would prefer to talk to someone else who is athletic. The struggle between being an athlete and a smoker is quite the battle! Feel free to message me!! Good luck!!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
432 Replies
freedom2012

Today is day one...tomorrow I start with changing my morning routine, waiting 30 minutes before lighting up and counting 10 of them out for the remainder of the day.  Will be relying on my timer for two hour increments before lighting up.  Just have to do all that I can to stay busy and keep moving so the two hours will fly by!  I hope I can make more adjustments...adding more time between smokes, accomplishing more in my day without taking so many "smoke breaks" and eventually not have the "need" for them at all.  May 30th is my quit date!

So glad I can come to this site and read, learn and apply all the wisdom through experience that you guys have shared!  Thank You!

Freedom2012 \o/

0 Kudos
anna64

I'm wishing ya'll a Great Quit tomorrow!!  Stay on Site if you need ANY kind of Help  :O)

0 Kudos
lizn2angels

Hi everyone!  I just joined today.  I decided it is finally time for me to quit.  My quit date according to the site should be march 1 or later.  However, due to financial circumstances, quitting today.  It has been 16 hours and 24 minutes since my last cigarette.  No one else in my immediate family or my office smokes so they don't get why it is so hard.  I really want to do this for myself and my kids.  I'm here to chat and I'm so glad there's somehwere I can go with people that are going through this too.  Thanks and good luck to everyone!

0 Kudos
blooming-ivy

ALL I CAN OFFER IS THIS THOUGHT, JUST DO IT. I AM ten days smoke free and tonight I had a fit. I wanted to smoke but I resisted the very easy urge to buy a pack. I said NOPE not gonna do it. I breathe alot better and I exercise daily and every time I use hand weights to open my chest cavity I say thank you for breathing. So keep yourself focused on the good color in your cheeks, in your gums, in your veins and the pulse rates in your feet. Pedal pulse rates reflect good blood flow to your heart. You want that to continue. Forget ANYONE who doesn't believe in you. The importance of what others think diminishes. It is what you think that matters and always matters most.

Blooming Ivy

0 Kudos
ladyd2

Need some quit smoking buddies too new to this tomorrow is my quit day so looking forward to speak to some strong people 🙂

0 Kudos
jestersnow72

I would like to join this group and for all of us to support eachother with quitting smoking. I am on Chantix and am down to 10 cigarettes per day from the 1 1/2 packs that I was smoking. I use to smoke 4 packs per day for most of the 25 years that I have been smoking.

0 Kudos

Okay, I am really wanting to quit this nasty habit but I want to do it without taking pills or patches (patches itch....LOL) cause I have tried them both, even the nicotine inhaler and don't like them either so, I found this website and it seems to be the best one I have found so far. I have picked my quit date as March 14, 2012 and will start tracking my cigs March 1, 2012. I am really praying that this time I will definitely quit for good this time. I will pray for each one of you that are trying to quit smoking and I ask for you to pay for me. Thank you so much and good luck to everyone.

0 Kudos
deanf

I am 54, had a massive Heart Attack in Jan of 2012. I went a month without  a craving but now that I am home alone all day I find myself smoking again. I intend to quit 2 March aprox 2 weeks before I can go back to work. I'd like  a partner, male or female, who we can encourage each other.

Thanks,

Dean

0 Kudos
wilmalee

hi everyone. im a newbie about to try to quit. i live in a new state and have not made frinds here yet for support so maybe we can all be new friends. IM wilmalee btw

0 Kudos
bikergirl1031

Hello. Today has been my quit date since Feb. I just found this site today. I have quit 7 times but this time I want to do it for good & this is the 1st time ever that I am looking for any support. I need quit smoking buddies so I have a better chance of succeeding this time!!!!

My parents & my sister are die hard smokers & I have ABSOLUTELY no support there. My bff was to quit today but she is not ready. We work together & we took breaks together but I have not really talked to anyone including her much today at work. I had a bad morning so far but slapped a patch on again & I am determined!

The money I am going to be saving is what is motivating me. Along w wanting to be around for my grandkids for years to come. My daughter & her family do not smoke. My husband went from smoking to chewing tobacco about 1 year ago which is GROSS!!!!!!!! I however am using the patches, journaling & chewing gum. The hand to mouth action is something I always miss when I quit!!!! I am looking into making flavored toothpicks. I really think that will help.

I need a good strong support system I hope this is it!!!!!!

0 Kudos