cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Find a Quit Buddy

I am looking for a quit buddy that will have a few minutes to chat, probably in the evenings, about our journeys to becoming EXs. I am looking for another college student, and would prefer to talk to someone else who is athletic. The struggle between being an athlete and a smoker is quite the battle! Feel free to message me!! Good luck!!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
432 Replies
kskdalton

Hi! I'm quitting... well... when I wake up tomorrow. Up late getting the last minute loose ends tied up on my plan. Was looking for some support or a "quit buddy" as well! Message me if you'd be interested in a one-on-one buddy!

0 Kudos
kskdalton

I need a quit smoking buddy.... ummm... NOW! haha

I have quit smoking so many times in the past that it seems I have worn down my support system. My husband (who is a non-smoker... and has been for a couple years now) even thinks I am just blowing hot air when I say I'm quitting again...

My family and friends, as well, think I am full of crap. Please help! I need some support.

Quit day is tomorrow... so I will be so VERY available to chat with anyone about quitting!

0 Kudos
szimm

Hi everyone!  I just joined this site and my quit date is Feb. 20th.  I have been smoking a very long time and have quit many times before.  This time i need to make it stick.  After the 2oth, there is not turning back only moving forward.  I am hoping to help others as other help me.

Here's to the future!!!!!!

0 Kudos
barbara111

Hi Im Janice, I am also a serial quitter. 37years i smoked. I have COPD and Im in the first stage . My lungs hurt when I smoke so I am in serious need of quitting for good. I put the patch on today and this time Im going to be successful. You know what they say "If at first you dont succeed try try again"! I need to say I Want a cig to someone .I think at first you got to admit you want one,then you talk yourself out of it. 

0 Kudos
bygrace

Hi,

I have smoked for 40 years, oh my lord where did the time go? I have a quit date of 29th of march( recomended )hope to be prepared sooner.

I would like to have a mentor or quitting buddy. Someone to support as well as be supported.

0 Kudos
roze2

I WILL CHT WITH YOU GOING TO TRY TO STOP TOMMORROW TOO.THEY TELL ME THE 29 BUT I WANT TO TRY FOR TOMMORROW.

0 Kudos
louise18

Hi I am also trying to quit tomorrow! i am nervous

I am going to use patch for  2 days.

I have tried before and failed. I could really use support.  

0 Kudos
jtrain1322

Im with you.. Ive tried a hand full of times now to quit.. but this time im going to quit! today if my quit day and im feeling amazing. ill be your quit smoking buddy! only thing is im a night person because i work until 11 at night but im here to support and get support! best of luck to you and your success

0 Kudos
anna64

Well I'm working on Day 13 and I am available all day long up until about Midnight..... I will be supportive to all who need it....Support is really important to your success!!  This site is great that!!  Leave me a message here or in my inbox if you want to trade personal info!!

Have a Great Day and Hope that EVERYONE started their quit on date!!

:O)

0 Kudos
kskdalton

I'm so glad that there is such an awesome resource out there for smokers like ourselves. It's ridiculous that this substance is LEGAL. Out of all the drugs out there, this one is such a big deal and they treat it like nothing. Well shoot!

Two more days of smoking for me... starting tomorrow. Changed the quit date to a Monday like the site suggested. After a sleepless night of planning and learning the material offered on this site I FINALLY feel like I have the tools to beat this.

Along with all of your support as well! Message me anytime if you'd like to chat, or are having an issue. I spend most of my evenings online. Some mornings on the weekends as well! haha

Don't lose hope! We can do this!

0 Kudos