cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Find a Quit Buddy

I am looking for a quit buddy that will have a few minutes to chat, probably in the evenings, about our journeys to becoming EXs. I am looking for another college student, and would prefer to talk to someone else who is athletic. The struggle between being an athlete and a smoker is quite the battle! Feel free to message me!! Good luck!!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
432 Replies
CrimsonQueen

I'm also a serial quitter. LOL But I'm determined that this time is the last time I'll ever have to quit. I realized that I needed to accept my current reality, no matter how much I hate it, and learn to deal with it. I also realized (again) just how bad smoke smells, especially when it gets old. I quit cold turkey five days ago and I haven't slipped up yet.

Good luck to you!

0 Kudos
katheen

i'm currently smoking but, plan on quitting on the Dec.11 2011. i need someone who i can e-mail or here on this site allot.

0 Kudos
sarahhe

Hi I am Sarah and on day two of my second ever serious attempt.  It has been so much worse than day one but keep reminding myself that this is the last day two I will ever have.  Gonna stay strong!  Been smoking for 28 years my mother has severe COPD and I dont want to end up that way.

0 Kudos
sarahhe

Hi my name is Sarah and I am on day two.  I am determined that this is my last day two ever.  Sure could use a quit partner or two that I can encourage and could help me as well.

0 Kudos
katheen

i'm kathleen have been smoking for over 40 years started when i was 13. now i have COPD and some other health problems as well. i am going through here to learn how to quit smoking. i need a buddy who can share their e-mail address so we can  contact each other that way. i currently have a broken wrist from falling back in oct. waiting to see a dr. for that. i have tried several times in the past but so far haven't made it for more than a week or two.

0 Kudos
greywolf3

my roommate say you can't Quit because you have tryed before, but I'm going to do this because I know I can, then let see what she says then, my Quit date is Jan. 1, 2012 I want a new life without smoking, and I think it will be a good year to Quit this nasty habit..

0 Kudos
chewie

DAY 1 of me seriously attempting to quit chewing tobacco.  I've been lying to my wife about it for 3 years (even though she's caught me a few times).  Today she caught me red handed, and it hurt to hear her say she might leave me because of it and take our 5 month old daughter with her.  She works in a dental office and sees the negative sides of chewing more than I do.  I want to quit but don't know how. 

0 Kudos
ny-girl

I stopped smoking two days ago.  I have smoked all of my teenage and adult life.  This will be my third attempt.  Can't seem to get past five months. 

I am doing cold turkey this time, but I can't seem to top crying. I believe it is nicotine withdrawal.  It is very emotional for me because I just found out my mother is diagnosed with COPD which is what prompted my quitting.

I am just so tired of smoking..the smell, the expense, the health issues, etc.  I just want to get past the physical withdrawal symtoms

0 Kudos
BobbyMaynard

Hello everyone my name is Bobby. Most of us ex smokers hang out in the main blog area. Please come to the main blog area and introduce yourselves. If need help and support from people who know wha you are going through, come on over and a post a blog.

Bobby

0 Kudos
indianamom

have cut back to 2 cigarettes a day. thought it would be easy. everyone but one person in my family is supportive; my teenage daughter thinks I am weak for not being able to quit cold turkey. even cold running water feels really hot on fire today. sweaty, shaking, miserable. i want to quit but fear i will fail them.

0 Kudos