cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Find a Quit Buddy

I am looking for a quit buddy that will have a few minutes to chat, probably in the evenings, about our journeys to becoming EXs. I am looking for another college student, and would prefer to talk to someone else who is athletic. The struggle between being an athlete and a smoker is quite the battle! Feel free to message me!! Good luck!!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
432 Replies
rain

Hello everyone 🙂 This is my second day, and I'm READY in my mind to quit but still feeling crazy urges and withdrawal symptoms. I would be happy to have a quit buddy, I've failed quitting after a few weeks going strong before and I want to do this, win this fight, one day at a time...Any help or support would be of use, I want to help as much as I can for now!
0 Kudos
jennifer57

Hello, my quit date is 10/31 and I could really use a quit buddy!
0 Kudos
ciara

Looking for a buddy. I started my quit attempt- Oct 26....anyone free??
0 Kudos
janie4

I would love to have a buddy. I've been smoking 36 yrs. (i'm 50) I keep quitting for a couple of days then something stresses me (or I have a beer) and smoke and want to kick myself grrrrrr. I've been doing this for 2 months now.
0 Kudos

I am looking for a quit buddy who loves life and family and chooses to live life to the fullest and live just as long as possible, and who believes, "THE LOVE IN YOUR HEART IS YOUR STRENGTH"
0 Kudos
annhatescigs

Hey out there!!!  I plan on quitting January 1, 2010.  I need a quit buddy to get me throuh this.  My health is deteriorating rapidly.  Any takers?  Check out my profile for a match.

Huggles,

Ann

0 Kudos
jcrouse

I am a person that likes to go to the bars and have a few drinks.  I smoke a lot more when I drink.  Anyone thats kinda in the same situation and is maybe from Indianapolis want to be my quitting buddy just contact me or whatever you do on this.  I am new to this so I am still learning the site.

0 Kudos
mercy2

I found this website today and I need a Buddy fast. I am a Christian and am 56 yrs. old. Should know better huh? PLEASE I NEED HELP

0 Kudos
dennine

My name is Dennine and I set another quit date for Dec 1,2009 after I failed last time I quit may 17 for 3 months and due to the constant stress at my job one day I stopped and bought a pack and have been smoking 6 a day in the closet so noone will know. I could sure use a buddy for some support and I will do the same.

0 Kudos
carac719

Hi everyone. My name is Cara and I'm brand-spankin new to this site. Today will be my 24th day (aside from a few slips) as a non-smoker. I went from about 1/2-3/4 of a pack a day, and just plain old-fashioned stopped on November 9th of this year. Things for me have been going amazingly well, considering more than 1/2 of my friends smoke, along with a couple family members and co-workers. I was very surprised to see that I can stand right in front of them while they smoke and not have the urge to grab it out of their hand. Am I superhuman or something? Absolutely not. I just decided I wanted to be healthy and do this for ME. Now, not to say I don't have my moments (mostly while drinking, arggg...). But I feel that having someone to go to, especially someone who has been through this recovery thing themselves, would play a key role in the recovery process. So, if anyone needs a friend to help quell their urges with a heavy dose of humor mixed with a whole lotta compassion and understanding, and thinks they can help stamp out mine, I think this may be the start of a beautiful friendship.

0 Kudos