cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Find a Quit Buddy

I am looking for a quit buddy that will have a few minutes to chat, probably in the evenings, about our journeys to becoming EXs. I am looking for another college student, and would prefer to talk to someone else who is athletic. The struggle between being an athlete and a smoker is quite the battle! Feel free to message me!! Good luck!!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
432 Replies
nancympearson

Hello,
  I am new here. My quit date is midnight Dec.31. I am using Chantix for help, but I know I am going to need a lot of encouragement. I could sure use a quit buddy. I write poetry, I love to read, I have two dogs and two cats, I love good old rock and roll and I suffer from major depression and post traumatic syndrome. I have a very strong emotional bond with my smokes. Any takers? Love, Nancy
0 Kudos
cyndii

Hi Nancy,
  Welcome!!! My quit date is the same as yours! I'm using nicotine gum to help. I hear Chantix is good. My doctor had actually given me a script for it but i decided not to use it. At the time we couldn't afford the co-pay. I found the gum on clearance so it was cheaper to buy that. I also suffer from depression and I have chronic pancreatitis. I have been out of work since July so we have alot of stress with only one income. My husband is trying to be supportive of my quit, he's an ex smoker (12 or more years). I really think this site will help. There are so many great people here! I wish you the best of luck!
0 Kudos
dessa

My quit date is January 1st....and I could use all the help in the world. I'm going cold turkey. I've used Chantix before but had such horrible side effects I quit Chantix and went right back to smoking.
0 Kudos
susan23

i need a buddy!!
0 Kudos
michele2

I could use a buddy, friend, pal, amigo, SOMEONE WHO IS GOING THROUGH THE SAME HELL AS I AM, that I did inflict on myself....It has been 3 days since my last cigarette, and while physically I feel good, and I no I shouldn't want one....I do.
0 Kudos
amanda-smith

I , too, need a quit buddy. I havent actually picked ou ta date yet... I think I may just wake up one morning and do it that way, instead of havin the anticipation of the quit date creeping up on me.... I need someone for support and I will give advice, a listening ear, a shoulder to cry on and support as well. I need to quit... for me, for my life, and for my son....
0 Kudos
ll_

I am working on day 7. Anyone at the same point that needs a buddy?
0 Kudos
katheen

Alright Amanda, I thank we can be quit buddies together even though we have'nt quit yet are you on the computer daily or what? I know it seems like I'm here alot and I don't moind it at all. I would rather be here than smoking since I smoke outside even when it's cold. We can be email buddies for now and then see what happens in the near furture with this.

Kathleen
0 Kudos
michele2

I'm on day nine now LL
0 Kudos
elyssa

Hi. I'm a twenty-two year old college student who has smoked for eight years. I quit last year for about four months and then picked up again. After two months of relapse-smoking, I'm ready to quit. Today is my quit date. I don't care your age, when you quit (or are planning to quit) or your situation. All I care about is that you truly want to quit smoking.
  If you can't be my quit buddy, be my friend! I am going freaking crazy here...
  Thanks
0 Kudos