Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

lightsmoke

February Quitters

I'm going to try to  figure out ALL of my triggers

Tags (1)
408 Replies
i-think-i-can

im the 15th...close enough.  this is going to be hard.  im definately that person who drinks and smokes and sometimes pours a drink so that i have an excuse to smoke.  like right now.

0 Kudos
lightsmoke

omg I do that too!!!! i didn't even realize that THAT was a habit! We can DEFINITELY help each other if you'd like.

0 Kudos
icantbreath

Ex says the 16th of FEB..weening now and understanding triggers and practicing SEPERATION is  my goal till then. Im 43 and been lighting up since I was 14. I HAVE to quit, afraid to die from it, actually...

signed, Icantbreath

0 Kudos
norm2

Day two of tracking and right now, it seems that I'm smoking more than usual, but I'm not sure cuz i never tracked before.  Maybe its the fear of quiting.  But I want to see 4 or 5 days of regular tracking before I decide how many I want to cut down or out of my daily routine.  This has been an extended holiday weekend for me, and I'm curious to what my tracking with look like when I get back to work on Monday.

Also, Nicotine gum makes me sick, so I'm going to buy the lozenges.  Anyone here use lozenges before?

PS>  A TIP for all... I made my cig tracker page my homepage on my computer so that it's "IN MY FACE" whenever I open my internet browser.

0 Kudos
lightsmoke

Icantbreath, we're here for you. The addiction is bad whether you've been smoking for a year or 100 years.

0 Kudos
tess5

I choose Feb. 1st to give myself some time to prepare.  I have quit many times...the longest was almost 10 years.  Divorce and life happened and I have started and quit several times over the past 8 years.  This time, I have been smoking for 2 1/2 years. I want to quit for good because I am tired of quitting.  It is too hard.  I am remarried to a loving and supporting man, who would love me to quit.  I need some support people that will help me through the everyday frustrations.  My planned approach is to start an exercise program in the morning, which is my hardest time to not smoke. I plan to mourn the loss of my friend (Mr. Cigarette) and allow myself to be sad for that loss.  I plan to concentrate on losing some weight as a distraction and also to keep me motivated.  I will start my tracking today and set up my exercise routine.

0 Kudos
jr_whitty

Norm,

Setting your tracker on your homepage is a great idea!

It's been a long holiday break for me as well. I've been off work since before Christmas and I start back on Monday as well.    But no matter how many I have this weekend or on Monday, I'm still telling myself be prepared for  0 starting Feb. I almost feel like I'm trying to squeeze in more than I usually need, just because I know it won't be an option soon. That may be the wrong approach for me to have , I know.   I am going to a "get-together" tonight where I will be drinking and hence, smoking damn near a whole pack. But here goes nothing,right. 

0 Kudos
rachael79

mine is the 18th.....so doing all that trigger stuff too. getting ready to hae my car and house fumigated..lol.

keeping my "easy way to stop smoking" book by my side. I loved this book, but was lacking a support net. Now I have both.

Man though, the dead of winter will be rough for me!  I am a stay at home homeschooling mom of 5....so it is way to easy for me to smoke.

Heres to FEB!!!!

Rachael

0 Kudos
swr

My quit date is also 1 Feb.  It was supposed to be yesterday!  My husband wanted to wait a day because of all the bowl games (he gets into football and I "smoke em if he has em"..then today he goes and buys 2 packs "just for today".  I just found this web-site today and plan to follow the advice which leads me to Feb. 1st.  I am thinking of ordering 100% tobacco cigarettes - I heard, and the Dr. on the video here said the nicotine wasn't addictive it was all the additives.  So, maybe by smoking the additive free cigs for 3 weeks before my quit date will help...what do you think??

I am 63 and have smoked since I was 16.  I have never successfully quit!  I have tried quitting and ended up going through my garbage looking for butts...tearing thru my old purses, coats, under car seats etc...like a maniac, looking for a cigarette.  I even "bummed" one from someone at Walmart last time!  I have the e-cigarettes and I do believe they would work if given 1/2 a chance, it's the closest I have ever come.  I plan to use them again as my quit date gets closer.

My husband is an avid a smoker as I am...and he is a bladder cancer survivor (this cancer is PROVEN to be caused by smoking) requiring several operations resulting in losing a kidney, then last year he had a triple by-pass, AND STILL SMOKES...but as we say in the South "Bless his heart, he is trying"...LOL

YES...I am going to need help as I'm sure you all are - I am retired and have time on my hands, so  I will gladly be someon'e "no-smoke" buddy!

0 Kudos
loufurr

Hey everyone,

Ex says my date should be Feb. 16, so thought I'd jump on here with you.  I haven't read or done anything much yet.  I've tried to cut back some, but am ready to quit.  Good luck to all of us. I hope we can help each other.

0 Kudos