cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Stringbean

Failure

I failed. So sorry. Had a argument with my husband so what did he do. Brought me home cigs. So now I have to try again. I feel like a total loser. So sorry my dear friends. You can kick me out of Ex if you want. I will understand. It's so hard because I have no friends in the town that I live and no family to help me. I should have come here but he had me so mad I smoked them I don't even know why I did it.

87 Replies
Gai.C

How's your Quit going today 

Stringbean

HELP. CRAVING IS BAD TODAY. I HAVE CASH IN MY PURSE AND I WSNT TO GO BUY CIGS. FIGHTING THE URGE. PLZ COAX ME NOT TO GO BUY THEM.....

Barbscloud

Don't do it!    You'll be so disappointed with yourself.  Think about starting over at day one.  It's just not worth it.  Use your tools--deep breathing, go out the door right now and go for short walk.  The crave will pass.   You CAN do this.

Hugs

Barb

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hold it ! 

Coax you to not go buy them ? You obviously know you don't want to smoke .. you do know buying them is not a good idea ? You know what you will do . 

You or your addict self is threatening to buy them cause you have the cash ? Discern your addict self sabotage from what your goal is here . You want to be quit ? Or smoke ? Really , you want to start all over again ?  Call yourself a failure ? What will you do to change your thoughts ? 

Do the things you can to keep your quit not kill it . 

Anonymous
Not applicable

YoungAtHeart

Tough Love Alert!

WHY are you continuing to do this to yourself?  One cigarette will just feed your addiction until it needs the NEXT cigarette and the NEXT and the NEXT and the NEXT.............until you either can't breathe or leave this earth.  It is a never-ending cycle of misery.  Get OUT of it!  You already made the decision not to smoke - so don't entertain the idea of buying cigarettes.  IMMEDIATELY get your mind on something else.  Think of girls/boys names for each letter of the alphabet, march in place, go for a walk, call a friend, clean out a closet or a drawer, take slow/deep breaths. 

The crave WILL end!  If you smoke, you will end up right back where you started in that never-ending loop.

Just don't!!!!

Nancy

Stringbean

I didn't. Thank you

elvan

SO GLAD to hear that!

Giulia

Maybe repeat this little ditty when the whisperer starts to overwhelm you.  Gad you stayed true to that best of you.

I May Want.png