cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

ReallyReal

Facing a Dragon and Feeling Fine

Today I am going to the place where I did volunteer work for a number of years.  There is a meeting I need to attend and then I will be doing some work there today.  This is a place that was a huge part of my smoking life and where, last time I went a month or so ago, I felt very pulled to return to my smoking behavior.  Today I feel more prepared and very aware that I may have the desire to smoke when I go there.  I have prepared myself by mentally recommiting to my freedom and looked at all my reason for wanting to be free of tobacco--which is a nasty killer and a horrible master to be a slave to.  I will not give up my freedom and return to the hideous smoking life.  I hated being a smoker for so long, I was always wishing I could quit but never taking the first step to actually quitting, and now I am not one so I will remain a nonsmoker no matter what.  Thanks for listening.  I hope this day of freedom brings you great joy.  I am rejoicing that I am free from tobacco today.

Labels (1)
7 Replies
champsin97

Just another one of those triggers that you make it through because you are so much stronger now.  Early congrats on another big WIN!  So I guess tomorrow the subject line will read "Slaying a Dragon and Feeling Strong"!  You got this.

ReallyReal

Thank you @champsin97 .  We are Killin this dragon!!  Yay us!!

biscuit9

@ReallyReal I hear you loud and clear and so important for you to go there armed with all this ammunition.  The one thing I know as an ex-smoker, if I start again, I WILL want to quit again.  I know this about myself.  I have proven to myself that I cannot have one cigarette.  One cig reawakens those nic receptors in my brain, which reawakens my addiction.  I can't have one puff, I am an addict and so are you.  I will stay stong with you today Raissa.  No smoking no matter what!

maryfreecig

@biscuit9 I'd like to add  that I am an addict, but not just that, I'm a recovered addict. Recovery is real!!! Thanks for being a strong supportive part of Ex. All together we recover!

ReallyReal

Thank you for standing strong with me Christina @biscuit9 Made it through just fine and I think being armed and ready made a big difference.

Thank you for the big hug @maryfreecig Right back atchya.

I am.happy to be rejoicing with you Quiana @CommunityAdmin .

And thanks again @champsin97 this day we are dragonslayers!!!

Peace and good cheer to one and ALL.

maryfreecig

Well @ReallyReal  I am coming at you with an extra big hug, hope you don't mind! You've set your course as to how to deal with this--way to go. Thanks for sharing your worry and plan. I love action steps when thoughts get bumpy.

7E33126C-E59E-41D1-B30F-51EBB5E71EF4.gif

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

We are rejoicing with you! Congratulations on being smoke free! 

Quiana, EX Team

EX Community Admin Team