cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

laura66

Excited and scared.....

Hello all,

My quit date is Sept. 6th. Ever since I relapsed in April I have never been a content smoker again. I have to quit this time.......I'm ready to quit. I really enjoyed being a nonsmoker. This time I know how to handle stressful situations and know that I must leave major stresses at the door until at least 6 months have passed by.
So ....who is all a September quitter with me??? I hope we can lean on one another and be there when times are hard.
My name is Laura and I'm getting excited and scared ..............but yippppeeee......I want this more than anything. I'm reaching for the stars! I feel good about this quit.
Best Wishes to all,....
Laura
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
brenda29

Hi Laura! My quit date is also sept. 6. I'm looking forward to it. Alittle scared too. I will have to change my lifestyle without cigs. But i can do it . This is my third time to quit, I have to do it this time. We alll just have to stick together on this and we all will do it. The next few days will be the toughest. Good luck to u.
0 Kudos
stefanie3

Hi Laura! My quit date is also September 6 and I'm going through the same span of emotions as well! I really enjoyed being a non-smoker the last time I quit as well and am determined to make this my final quit. Any suggestions how to handle those stressful situations that you've learned would be greatly appreciated! Time after time, that's been my downfall during a quit. I hope this site and forum will be a good outlet and source of encouragement and hope.
Keep me posted on how you're doing!
0 Kudos
stefanie3

Hi Brenda! Hurray for us Sept. 6ers! The next few days ARE going to be tough, but maybe if we take out our frustrations and stress here, we'll start to forget to use cigs as our outlets. Lets stick together and try and help each other. Good luck, keep me posted on how you're doing!
0 Kudos
michele7

Best of luck to you Laura ... my quit date is September 8th and I am SO ready to stop it's not even funny! I think this site will help all of us stick together and hopefully be able to lean on each other for support.
0 Kudos
laura66

Hi Brenda! Looks like we will be quit buddies with all this.....I believe we can do this. I didn't do the whole two week thing on my tiggers.....but the last time I only did a few days and it worked. If I do what they say for two weeks I probably would go right back to my old two pack a day self. But I have changed and switched up my habits a bit to throw my brain off track. How about you?
Best wishes to you too
Laura
0 Kudos
laura66

Hi Stefanie! Looks like we will be quit buddies too.......The thing I will do differently is make a notebook of all the inspirational quotes off of about.com from "smokerdave" (a man who has helped hundreds of thousands quit) and NEVER make any changes in my life until after 6 months have gone by.
Keep me posted on how your doing as well,,,,,,,,,,,I will be back posting on the 6th in the evening.
Best wishes!
Laura
0 Kudos
laura66

Hi Michele! We will be there so close to our quit dates.....I'm looking at this as a healing process.....I will not make any major life changes until at least 6 months after my quit. I'm trying to shake my brain up a bit like I did last time....that really works. Best wishes to you......if you ever want to talk let me know.
Laura
0 Kudos
michele7

The only major life change I have right now is my step daughter getting married in November. The good news is that you can't smoke anywhere anymore, so it shouldn't be a problem. I am trying to read some motivational books to keep my head in the game - I dug out "The Easy Way to Quit Smoking" that I had bought a while ago and another person on this site said it helped her get in the right frame of mind. It seems as I track my triggers, I mainly reach for a cigarrette as a sense of accomplishment. Whenever I finish something, that is my reward. Any suggestions on another way to reward myself when I accomplish something? Keep in touch and good luck to you as well!
0 Kudos
robyn4

Hi all, my quit date is the 12th of September.....my 52nd birthday. I don't celebrate birthdays anymore and I thought I'd give the day a new meaning!

I have cut back so much that I can go days without a cig and then something triggers...stress...and I light up. I started the cutting back a few months ago. I quit smoking at work completely, no more in the car and not in my house. I don't drink coffee anymore in the morning so I have cut those out too. I really only need one at about 5pm and then again before I go to bed. I am going to cut out the bed time one this week and the last one I will have is the night before my quit date.

Good luck to us all

Robyn
0 Kudos