cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

zeetie

EEEK!

Actually quit on the 24th of this month, but having a really tough time today.  Snowed in and nothing to do is not helping the cravings.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
miriam4

Getting on the computer was your first help, reaching out, congratulations! P.S. How did you get that flower on your profile?

0 Kudos
zeetie

Thanks, Mary.

Found the picture of gerbera daisies on Google Images and placed in as my profile picture.

0 Kudos
Debi12

Hi eeek!!  I live in NC  too - I know what you mean about feeling snowed in - I have plenty to do, just nothing much I feel like doing!  Are you quitting cold turkey?  I used the patch in the beginning it seemed to help me.  I also read Allen Carr's book  - it helped me understand alot about the addiction,  not that I agree with everything in his book - it was still a big help.  When I came to this website I would  write blogs and was amazed at all the support and help I got!!  I know I would have maybe not made it - so I'm grateful for this place - and still come on here a few times a day.

Stay strong - you can do it!!

0 Kudos
miriam4

Thanks zeetie, followed suit and put some blue water lilies on my profile picture.  Sorry for all you folks out in NC with the snow.  When I'm bored I tend to smoke.  Then again when I'm frustrated I smoke, and then again when I drive I smoke, and when I wake up I smoke, and after a meal I smoke, and when I have coffee or have a drink, I smoke.  Aren't you glad you have quit smoking?  I bet you don't ever want to get back into that vicious cycle again.  I need the prep time before I quit on Feb.14.  to wean myself of all this.  Planning on the gum and lozenges.  The patch makes me itch too much.  Believe it or not, I may get acupuncture.

0 Kudos
megank5183

Hey Eek,

I'm having a tough day too...I still haven't found anything to replace smoking with. My boyfriend has a couple of suggestions, but I feel like they are more for his benefit! I think that working out might help release some of your pent up energy from being stuck in the house. There are great videos on the web for free....it also helps you realized how much easier it is to breathe now that you've quit.

Megan

0 Kudos
agatha

Hello:)

I quit a few months ago and to keep me busy, I crochet.  I make granny squares and then sow them into a blanket type coverlet. I found out how to do this by being bored and looking on the internet. Instead of smoking, I crochet for a few minutes or perhaps a hour or so.

I now rarely want to smoke so it helped me alot and Ill have a great looking coverlet when Im done. lol

0 Kudos