cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Pookweencess

Dreaming About Smoking

Last night I had a disturbing dream about me telling my husband I was going to start smoking again.  Not sure where this came from - is it normal to have these dreams?  I am 127 days smoke free and plan in keeping it that way- almost out of no mans land and it has been a challenge but is getting better

Tags (1)
14 Replies

I think I've had fewer this year than ever in my 15+ smoke free years. Not to worry.

Mn@ 001.jpg

0 Kudos
Giulia

I've been quit 13 years and probably have one every month or so.  Mine have morphed over the years.  Most of the time I don't feel particularly guilty.  Just find myself smoking and think, "oh well, I just have been lying to everyone."  Of late, however, I'm beginning to hide my smoking in my dreams and the guilt is creeping in.  Which I find interesting.  Why is there guilt now?  However in the very beginning of my quit I had a couple of doozies - the kind where you wake up in a panic.  

By the way, if you type "smokemare" in the search box, you will be presented with a whole bunch of people who written about the topic.  It's a common theme.  At least they're only dreams!

0 Kudos

Woke up once when dreaming I had dropped my cigarette in the bed. I was in a panic trying to find it.

Mn@ 001.jpg

0 Kudos
Giulia

Now that's a REAL smokemare!

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

0 Kudos