cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Plawson

Does ex really work

I set my quit date I've tried to quit in the past and nothing worked. Does this program really help you quit smoking. 

64 Replies

Pawlson this is your life line (and mine).  I read, as suggested by members in this group, Alan Carr's book about the easy way to quit smoking.  It changed my life and rearranged my thinking about the "losses" I would suffer if and when I quit smoking.  It helped me with the loneliness I always felt when I quit smoking. Lonely for my closest and dearest friend, my pack of cigarettes. I did not suffer nearly as much this way, so was it the easy way?  It worked for me! I am 69 and smoked for at least 50 years.  I quit the same time as 2 of my friends.  One came on this sight with me but did not continue to engage here. She lasted 2 days and she has not visited this site again.  The other friend used Chantix off and on because she just wanted to smoke a little (now we know that doesn't work).  She is back up to 2 packs a day and she wont even look into this site even though she sees my success through this method.  I'm sure there's an explanation.  If there is a part of you that really wants to stop smoking, let that part run the show and stay put.  That's my 2 cents. I wish you the best! 

Sandy-9-17-17

Congrats on your quit ElizabethRachel‌ You are 1 week ahead of me, WE are doing great !

0 Kudos

Hi Sandy, Thank you and congrats to you too! Honestly, I don't know from day to day. just today is where I'm at.

0 Kudos
Sandy-9-17-17

That is the way to take it, O.D.A.T.  It gets easier day by day!  Aside from being here throughout the day, I really don't think about it much! 

Although this morning, it seemed like everyone I saw walking here and there, all were smoking!  As if I were not in the loop, because I don't!  Weird!  But I maintain daily!   Have a wonderful smoke free day my friend!  Keep rockin it!

Kristih78

This is a great resource,  it keeps you motivated to quit. I found this website when I decided to quit, you have a lot of support . You will still go through all the emotions of quitting, be strong ,you can do it . I'm 4 months smoke free!!!!

Sandy-9-17-17

Plawson‌  I hope you are doing well!  Keep posting!  We would all like to follow your journey with you! 

0 Kudos
diamond01

I am on day 13 I could not make it with the support of this family, I hope you will give it a chance.

Kbloodless

Two sets of holidays and hurdles and you can do it! That’s what I’ve learned on here and that’s what I’m focused on.

its hard.

and yanno it’s supper great since finding this forum for me because now I have sooo many friends planning to quit, have already quit, fell of the quit wagon. Friends and mentors that just make me feel strong and not alone in those hard moments or on the hard days. It’s Been my lifeline

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Plawson‌ now looking back 150 days, can you say that whether or not EX works?

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
IrishRose

I think the people on this site is what makes EX work.  All the tools are on EX, but it's the fellowship of all of us who make up this site, and the experience of the ones who quit so long ago, but remain on this site, dedicated to help each and every one of us who come aboard, reaching out to hold a hand or reaching out to grab a hand in need. 

The people, my virtual family, all you guys make this site what it is today. 

Irish Rose