cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Plawson

Does ex really work

I set my quit date I've tried to quit in the past and nothing worked. Does this program really help you quit smoking. 

64 Replies
KMC56

YES..this site works!  Amazing, supportive ex's, who by the way have experienced EVERYTHING you are going through, and have wonderful understanding and caring support.  I think back to my early months of quitting ...which was absolutely horrible, unbearable, and thought I would go  insane, blogging was so therapeutic.  I would say probably within 6 months the craves subsided, thn came change of seasons with challenges.  There would always seem to be a familiar reason to smoke..I hurdeled each one successfully with a great sense of pride! You know what..those elders were RIGHT...it will pass.  It's  surprising how YOU are in control,  NOT the cigarettes.  Take one day at a time...be proud of each successful day.  You will be smoke free before you know it!!

I have been smoke free a little over 2 years.  A couple months ago, I suffered a stroke, 99% blockage in left carodic artery.  Can you imagine recovering from surgery craving a cigarette that most likely caused the stroke! With that said, if ever I get a crave, I have a scar to touch and remin me, I am successful, blessed to be amazingly recovered and healthy.

One day at a time!!!

~Kathy 909 DOF

Ralph1955

In 2 words, Hell Yeah.

Giulia

Just jumped in here to add a blog that Bree put up as she references this one.  And it's a great blog in saying YES, EX works, if you work EX.   https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/people/Bree19/blog/2018/10/20/600-days-how-did-i-do-that 

Bree19

Thanks G!  ALWAYS appreciate your support.

xxxx

0 Kudos
Giulia

Giving Thumbs Up Winking animated emoticon

0 Kudos