cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Plawson

Does ex really work

I set my quit date I've tried to quit in the past and nothing worked. Does this program really help you quit smoking. 

64 Replies
Mandolinrain

This site works if you work it. You must be really ready and to be ready you need to be prepared. You need to UNDERSTAND the why behind the quit. 

Knowledge is power. Educate yourself by reading the suggested material on this site and read many of the posts on this site. You will find people who have similar quit stories as yours that you can relate to.

The bottom line is, you do this for you first...not because someone else thinks you should quit.

I wish you the best. This is a fabulous community of support. Take what you need and leave the rest, someone will always take your leftovers. Welcome and I hope we see you around

pir8fan

A lot of good stuff above me here! All will help you quit and stay quit! But, one more thing.

When you quit smoking everyone in your life is your cheerleader! They really want you to succeed! A few weeks later they forget you! They think it is over! You did it! Not true! You have an addiction, and the rest of your life you will be one puff away from a pack a day! Or more!

What makes this place work, is the on going support you will find here! 24/7/365! There is always someone to provide the support you are going to need! 

I smoked 44 Years! At times 3-4 packs a day! I have been Free for over 8 Years! It is because of the support of many of the people reaching out to you now! And many more!

Sit down, strap in, and get ready for the greatest ride of your life! You can do this! We will help!  Tommy

Daniela2016

I would not be at 789 DOF (days of freedom today) if it were not for the EX community.  Like many said here, I was all talk about wanting to quit, but I was so scared of loosing something (what, one would ask, the poison killing me???), not realizing it was the addiction which held me down.  Once I passed the first couple of weeks I felt free.  There is work you need to put into it, but the rewards are hard to even quantify.  It is a journey, but not a constant battle, if you learn about how the addiction works, and what it is which will help you keep going. Stay, read, learn, and get ready.  When that happens, you will be one of us, and everyone here will do their best to keep you moving forward.

Make the move, it will be the best decision about your health you will ever make!

prjimm01

I never tried without this site.  I am now smoke free for 1,200 days after smoking for 18,250 days.  Its working for me!

Marms

Congratulations!  

0 Kudos
Barb102

YESSSS!  I would NOT be on 111 DOF without the wonderful support I have here. You have to do the work   but you realize you have the greatest support system here. We all need to feel encouraged and supported. When we are not strong, others help us to stay the quit. Welcome!!  You have come to the right place. It’s an online support family

Barb

bonniebee

Yes it worked for me but you must work it ! Free for 1,187 days and I was a 52 year smoker ! Stay with us  !

indingrl

Welcome and please keep coming BACK....You gotta want to quit using your drug...nicotine....for you Pawlson...just for you....not anyone else.

Barbara145

Welcome.  You have come to the right place.  I smoked for 52 years.  I tried to quit numerous times. I was unsuccessful until I found Ex.  I will have 5 years in October.  You can do this!

Marms

Finishing my 2nd day of Week 2   This is a great support system. It helps me to take my mind off the urge or craving. It gets better as time goes by.  But like anything else, you have to want it for it to work.  Good luck. You got this!