cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Daniela2016

Do you all have this kind of days?

It started with the morning walk on the sidewalk and getting a good amount  from the sprinklers on both sides of the sidewalk...I just hid my headphones so they don't get wet, and told myself: oh well it hot enough, I can take a cold shower...

Then I started working (so blessed, I wfh today) while mom kept speaking with my pets...trying to type an answer that had some meaning, no way...had to wait for mom to finish (since the pets did not answer, how rude), so I can actually work. 

Trying to multi-task, took some of my clothes to the laundry room, while mom already had one load in the dryer the other in the washer...she came inside later saying: I set your clothes in the washer, just turn it on.  I went and got them all out, so I can count and know how many hangers do I need.

Ran to get some more groceries during my lunch break, and attempt to settle in for a meeting at 2:00 pm; my little doggy boy went #2 in the backyard and guess what, instead of cleaning himself on the grass he came to do it on the rug in front of me...I ran for the rug cleaning solution and hard plastic brush, cleaned the rug, and used some nice and soft cleaning wipes on the little stinker's butt.

While in the meeting, my one cat who's only using the entrance door, finds the right time to ask out, so everybody on the phone can hear us and make some comments "oh, Daniela's cat is attending the meeting too"...

Onto the kitchen to make a marinade for some chicken tenders for tonight, of course mom has to be there too...I open the door to the freezer, and forget what I am looking for, turn around, the little Styrofoam tray I washed and got ready for my marinade is gone, mom recycled it while I had my back turned. I give up and walked out of the kitchen...mom can have it till is time for dinner...

And I did not smoke, nor will I in any future while I have my mind in the right place!

34 Replies
elvan

I SWEAR to God, I found a little ant on my counter this evening...just one, so far but we all know how that works.  I will go out of my MIND if we have ants here.  I have cats and the last thing I want to do is to make them sick.  I steam clean the floors so that should help but this was on the COUNTER.

Oh, Daniela2016‌ I have no idea where the frogs came from...it was when he uncovered the pool after it had been covered off season, which in NY is a loooooong time.  He was so horrified at the idea of them being all over the yard and mowing...he said it would look like something out of Stephen King...eeeewwww.  Okay IrishRose‌ ask your husband's advice on what ticket we should buy, we are all in different states so I am not sure what is everywhere.

As far as our trip...I just need to not have to climb hills...my COPD rules my life.  I love the idea of Montreal though, somehow, I have never been there.

Okay, ladies, sweet dreams.  No ants or frogs.

0 Kudos

Get some Terro

elvan

JonesCarpeDiem‌ I did that at the apartment, they seemed immune but this is only one ant that I have seen so I will try that, I had forgotten about it.  Thanks.  

0 Kudos
IrishRose

Daniela2016‌ and elvan‌ , ok, hubby said you can buy the SC Powerball.  You can buy them on Friday for a Saturday night drawing.  You have to pick five white numbers and one red powerball number.  You have to find out if it is available in your state.  We might have to wait until next Friday to buy tickets, in order to get all the info. 

Damn ants found one morsel of dog food UNDER the food bowl last night, and I left a knife with mayo in the sink.  This is unbelievable!!!!!

Let me know if we are doing the lottery this Friday (tomorrow).

Irish

0 Kudos
elvan

IrishRose‌ and Daniela2016‌ I know the power ball is available in Virginia because I bought a ticket when the jackpot was obscene...like 500,000,000.  I never ever looked at my numbers because I heard the winner was in a different state.  I will buy one this Friday or next Friday...it doesn't matter to me.  I don't usually pick my numbers, I let the machine pick but I will try to take your husband's advice, five white and one red.  Yeah, I think I might be able to do that.

0 Kudos
Daniela2016

Thank you so much IrishRose  for sharing your challenges with all of us; I know it helps knowing we are not alone...Today I found myself scrolling on my phone and looking at events for singles over 50...I have been married for almost 34 years...I guess just my way to try to find a way out of the house, ha, ha!   Yesterday finished up in flames with having to change the bedding because my little stinky boy peed on my side of the bed while I was brushing my teeth... How can I get mad at the below...???

I am at work today, so the day is way better except for the morning when I was taking out the litter box to clean it, and as I was coming back in the backyard I noticed a fresh doggie poop, someone had just crushed in the grass...of course you know who that was...so after attempting to clean my good, new, expensive, with inserts walking shoes, I gave up and they will go in the washer tonight.  In Romanian we say if you touched any kind of poop, it is going to be a lucky day, and it was good so far.

I guess you should have almost a week of good luck, we should go play the lottery today, we might win, then we can travel together, away from home, what do you say?

I love my mom, and I want nothing more than for her to be happy and for me to spoil her; many times lately I set her dinner in front of the TV so she can watch her favorite shows while having dinner; she never, ever in her life had that opportunity at her home, while dad was alive...she was always cooking, setting the table, doing dishes.  Now, I am happy to serve her as much as I can; and if sometimes we bump in each other in the kitchen, it is a small price to pay for having her close to us!

And Dale, JonesCarpeDiem‌, mom cooks mostly for her, with hubby and me having diabetes, and trying to eat as healthy as we can, there are fewer and fewer Romanian things she can make for us.  But I encourage her to make her own dishes (and I help her too), she should not deprive herself of what she likes to eat because the 2 of us have to.

The Voice.jpg

0 Kudos
KMC56

Oh absolutely... you'd think at my time in life, the multi tasking would be less.

But, Daniella, don't you agree, that since we quit smokong, we handel the with more patience, not to mention, multi tasking is an art!

~Kathy

0 Kudos
Daniela2016

Sure Kathy KMC56‌, with more patience...most of the times!

And Ellen elvan‌, I think Powerball is a good choice, we don't play much at home, but I always play with my co-workers, when it gets to these obscene amounts...the whole office plays, no one wants to be left out and be the only one who needs to come to work if the rest win

0 Kudos
elvan

Daniela2016‌ Okay, I picked up some blank tickets at the grocery store.  Oh KMC56‌, normally, I would agree with you that I handle things better these days than I did when I smoked but TODAY was a red letter day and no one would have wanted to get in my way.  I went to Walmart and nearly got knocked over by a woman in a cart who was talking on her cell phone, it did not do good things to my arm to be jolted to keep from falling into a display. I was not and I AM not, a happy camper, I have a really bad tendinitis in my right elbow and my right wrist is double the normal size, my fingers are feeling like they have electricity zapping them.  They were like that BEFORE she nearly ran me over.  There is more but my hand hurts so much that I can't type it all right now.  I will get to it someday.

Ellen

0 Kudos
Daniela2016

I am so sorry elvan‌ dear Ellen that you got hurt; some people these days are so careless, and mostly when it comes to their cell phone. Other people are plainly rude, and I will tell you a story: we purchase our fruit, veggies, natural, organic produce, breads, bulk product, pretty much everything we eat at the same store, very close to the house.  I am not going to name it.  We spend an honest amount of money there every single week, sometimes more than once a week.  The other day one of their supervisors was servicing a checkout.  When she saw me coming with a half-full cart, she put the sign closed on the conveyor.  I went and stood in line behind 2 other people.  I had not even gotten my turn to putt my stuff on the belt, she invited someone else, and she serviced 2-3 other people before I was through the lane.  I was so tempted to go ask her if my money I spend every week or the amount I spent that particular day does not grant me the right to be invited if it was my turn.  Why did she select other people (probably with less stuff in their cart), but there is no fast lane in that store.  But then I realized she would have given me some half - a.. answer and would have made me even more upset...just because she is a supervisor there...she has the power.  And maybe Kathy, KMC56‌ you are right, we have more patience, or we think longer before we react (might be that my mind is getting slower too ).  I just walked out, and let her be...whatever ignorant, not nice, maybe just clueless...who knows.  But you Ellen were hurt physically, and that is totally unacceptable, I hope you said something to her.