cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Daniela2016

Do you all have this kind of days?

It started with the morning walk on the sidewalk and getting a good amount  from the sprinklers on both sides of the sidewalk...I just hid my headphones so they don't get wet, and told myself: oh well it hot enough, I can take a cold shower...

Then I started working (so blessed, I wfh today) while mom kept speaking with my pets...trying to type an answer that had some meaning, no way...had to wait for mom to finish (since the pets did not answer, how rude), so I can actually work. 

Trying to multi-task, took some of my clothes to the laundry room, while mom already had one load in the dryer the other in the washer...she came inside later saying: I set your clothes in the washer, just turn it on.  I went and got them all out, so I can count and know how many hangers do I need.

Ran to get some more groceries during my lunch break, and attempt to settle in for a meeting at 2:00 pm; my little doggy boy went #2 in the backyard and guess what, instead of cleaning himself on the grass he came to do it on the rug in front of me...I ran for the rug cleaning solution and hard plastic brush, cleaned the rug, and used some nice and soft cleaning wipes on the little stinker's butt.

While in the meeting, my one cat who's only using the entrance door, finds the right time to ask out, so everybody on the phone can hear us and make some comments "oh, Daniela's cat is attending the meeting too"...

Onto the kitchen to make a marinade for some chicken tenders for tonight, of course mom has to be there too...I open the door to the freezer, and forget what I am looking for, turn around, the little Styrofoam tray I washed and got ready for my marinade is gone, mom recycled it while I had my back turned. I give up and walked out of the kitchen...mom can have it till is time for dinner...

And I did not smoke, nor will I in any future while I have my mind in the right place!

34 Replies
IrishRose

I do feel very overwhelmed today.  Every where I look, something needs to be done.  Sometimes, you get so far behind with things to where you do not know what to start on first.  That's when that feeling of being very overwhelmed moves in and chokes you out.  Thanks for the pick-me-up, Sweet Lady!!!

0 Kudos
elvan

Oh honey...yes, the puppy beast with diarrhea is number one for now....good thing the hip replacement 59 year old doesn't have those too...my husband had a hip replacement at age 37 and I will NEVER forget it, he, no doubt, needs it redone after 29 years and a decided limp and terrible pain.  I have to ask...is the whining coming from the puppy or the husband?  You poor thing, you need a break, I wish someone could come and just give you a day off to take care of yourself.  I am so sorry you are going through all of this.  Sending love, prayers, and hugs.

Ellen

0 Kudos
IrishRose

Both of them are whining today, and all night long last night too.  Both are laid out in the bed right now.  They deserve each other.  I do feel more sorry for the puppy beast though.  That's a terrible thing to say, eh?????  Oh well, if the shoe fits, I say wear it, right?

UGH!!! 

0 Kudos
IrishRose

elvan‌  can you tell that I've had enough of this ????????  hahahahahaha (trying to keep my sense of humor).

0 Kudos
elvan

IrishRose‌ Who could blame you?  My husband's recovery was difficult, to say the least, I had to help him put those long stockings on and change them every eight hours...I was pregnant at the time and I was not feeling all warm and fuzzy about putting HIS stockings on when I could hardly see my own feet.  What a time that was.  

Daniela2016‌ Hahahahahaha...touching any kind of poop means you will have a lucky day?  That is hilarious.  Not sure I want to try it out though.

Hope everyone's pooping, whining, and other annoyances let up.

Ellen

IrishRose

Ok, so when is the poop luck going to work it's way into my life, Daniela2016‌ ?????  Woke up this morning, and it was the "INVASION OF THE CRAZY ANTS" Day.  Are any of you guys familiar with crazy ants.  They are invading South Carolina, supposedly coming from Texas.  Thank you, all you Texans out there.  These ants are black, do not bite (I bid to differ with that, as some do bite) and they love electronics.  They hang around electrical outlets, run off red ants (which, I prefer, because red ants do not come into your house), and black ants also LOVE dog food.  My puppy beast left food in her bowl, and I was splattering the floor with vinegar and mopping at 4:30 a.m.  Oh, what a world, what a world!!!!  hahahahaha 

Maybe, Friday will be my lucky day.  Will buy a lottery ticket on Friday, and if I win, I will take both Daniela2016‌ and you elvan‌ .  We all three can run away together for at least one week!!!!!  Escape the insanity!!!!! 

Daniela2016

IrishRose‌, living in AZ I know well to well what the ants are, and I hate them with a vengeance.  About 6 years ago, they had infested my kitchen and were making their way slowly into the bedrooms area.  No amount of vinegar, inside and outside the house, on the patio, and on the backyard made them go away.  I was mopping the floor with vinegar, several times/day, but could not stop their progression in the house despite hubby spraying the back yard on a regular basis.  Not until I hired a bug man, and he showed me, we used to have a little crevice in the threshold of the door from the kitchen to the patio; and they had nested there.  He sprayed under the kitchen cabinets (there are little wholes in the base of them, especially for this purpose), and also the perimeter of the hallways, bathrooms, and of course the living room.  I had the puppies/kitties away till it dried up, once it is dry (or so we have been told), there is no risk for pets or kids.  This year, we had the very, very small variety (so small mom can't even see them), but I did not request an additional treatment for them.  The bug man is due to stop by pretty soon, and now that the weather is cooling down they seem to have disappeared from the house.  I remember, one year, when they were just in the backyard, I got up one morning and witnessed a scene from a horror movie in the pool; about 1/10 of the surface was dark, almost black, as I approached I realized a whole colony of ants found their demise in our pool; couldn't even take a pic, I was so horrified.  And they bite, my doggy girl used to like to hang out in the grass, and had little bumps on her legs from ants, grrrrr...

elvan

IrishRose‌ and Daniela2016‌ I am not a fan of ants, we had them in the apartment we were renting and they showed up everywhere, I hated them.  I cleaned with vinegar and sprayed with Raid and got ant traps and took all of the cat food off the floor...like the ants couldn't climb up onto the counters.  It was terrible.  I read everything I could...I was about to try boric acid but the landlady hired a bug company and they eventually got them under control...at least SORT of.  I hated it particularly because the apartment smelled like feet after the bug treatment was done.  So far, in THIS place, I have not noticed ants...watch, they will be back tomorrow.  I remember leaning over to pick up an Oreo cookie and, much to my horror, it was ANTS.  We had a pool in NY, Daniela and it was full of frogs and tadpoles....my husband caught them all and FILLED a large garbage can and took it too a stream.  Frogs are preferable to ants.

How about we ALL buy a lottery ticket on Friday...what lottery is on Friday?  If we win, we get a frog and ant free week...now WHERE????

Daniela2016

elvan‌ and IrishRose‌, how about Montreal?  It might be cold already, but for the almost 5 years we lived there, I had no bugs, no ants, no frogs (Ellen, now that's a story about all the frogs in your pool...I don't know how I would have reacted to them, how did they even get in your pool, did it rain frogs???)

0 Kudos
IrishRose

Daniela2016‌ and elvan‌ , first of all, I must admit that I have never bought a lottery ticket in my entire life of 64 years - never.  With that said, I am buying one Friday.  hahahahahaha  My husband knows all the lotteries and when they draw the numbers, etc.  If we win, we will most definitely get a frog, ant and husband free week anywhere you guys want to go.  I love beaches, snow, mountains, so I will be easy to work with on this trip.  It's a deal!!!!

On the subject of those nasty ants, I have seen nothing like it ever before.  For one thing, I cannot believe anything could run off red ants.  It just blows my mind, because red ants have a really nasty bite, and could kill a person that got bit enough times.  There is not a single red ant mound within seven miles of us.  Guess those crazy ants have not traveled past a certain radius just yet.  My husband sprays Malathion, and I flip out, because there is no telling what that mixture does to the environment, but the ants are everywhere outside and getting totally out-of-hand.  Our neighbor has the bug man at their house every week.  Our neighbor across the street dresses out like she is getting ready to go into a residence known to have a meth lab in it.  She uses Fathom she gets from Amazon.  Now, the Fathom Lady has the ants controlled, but her yard looks dead too.  I do not think she has anything living within six feet of her house, not even shrubbery or grass.  No telling how potent that Fathom is.  The ants make my skin crawl, and I rather have spiders roaming about than these creatures.  Daniela, I too worry that my puppy beast is going to get cancer from the poison.  This morning, I poured 5% acidity vinegar directly to a brand new dining/kitchen floor.  It killed the ants that had direct contact with the vinegar, but the little creeps farther down the line kept the line moving until I splashed more vinegar and mopped over them.  My new floors are supposed to be cleaned with one cup vinegar to one gallon of water.  UGH!!!!  I could write a book on my experiences with crazy ants.  They just appeared a little over 18 months ago. 

0 Kudos