cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

michalrokah

Dissapointment

So. I'm so disappointed with me. Started smoking again 6 months ago (after a 5 year clean and happy time), started with 1 or 2 a day, ended with a pack a day. .  Last weekend I read the Allen Carr book again and smoked my last cig on Saturday. I was good for 2 days, but the last two days were a living nightmare. In my head? I know I'm killing myself, that I have no benefit from cigarettes, I do not work out when I smoke, have no motivation, I am depressed. And after all this, I bought a pack today. so so weak. and it gives me nothing. I smoked, and felt the relaxation, but know it gives me nothing. I do not know what else to do, I can't win this. Just thought I'd share with folks that get this frustration.

0 Kudos
24 Replies
MarilynH

You can win this quit you need to believe it, I'm really glad that you're here welcome to the community please read everything you can about quitting smoking and remaining quit because there's a wealth of information here to strengthen your resolve to kick the nicotine poison to the curb and start living a life of Freedom and you can and will be successful one precious Smokefree Day at a time or hour minute or even a second at a time we're all here to help you through any rough patches that you may come upon, deep breaths and pick your quit date and start Day ONE then at the end of the day you'll be able to say Yay for Day WON with many more to come quitting smoking Is absolutely difficult to say the least but very Doable and it's the best gift that any of us will ever give ourselves which is the gift of LIFE! 

You can do this because you made 5 yrs.  You've found this group and if you use this site these members will have your back!!!!! Listen to the elders they know how to keep their quit.  I am walking out my quit a step at a time    I know that I can Never have 1 Puff Ever again! Or my Quit would slip through my Fingers . 

Previous attempts taught me that Lesson the Hard Way!!!!!!

I love this site and I have a dose with my 1 St cup of coffee.   I Thank God everyday He led me here on my Journey.......The days add up faster than I ever thought.  I am taking pride in each day of success

Prairie DOF 17

stealthjpl

I am so glad I found this site again. I have always been a colaborator, and supporter! That being said, I found Ex.org many years ago. I used the program to quit smoking before I joined the Navy. Back then, the program was amazing, and I see thatbit has vastly improved. Cigarrettes are an addiction. It is ok to feel weeak against it. We are all here for the same reasons. We want to get rid of smoking. You support us, and we will support you. I can do it, you can do it, ansyone can do it. I am going to become an ex again! Want to join me? 

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

StealthJPL wrote:

I am so glad I found this site again. I have always been a colaborator, and supporter! That being said, I found Ex.org many years ago. I used the program to quit smoking before I joined the Navy. Back then, the program was amazing, and I see thatbit has vastly improved. Cigarrettes are an addiction. It is ok to feel weeak against it. We are all here for the same reasons. We want to get rid of smoking. You support us, and we will support you. I can do it, you can do it, ansyone can do it. I am going to become an ex again! Want to join me? 

Welcome back!  Do you have an old profile on here?  If you know the email address send me a private message and I'll look it up and see if we can get you re-connected to your old account.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
michalrokah

yes! I'm setting Sunday as my date, what do you think?

0 Kudos