cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Dawnie1111

Did anyone on this site quit smoking today ??

Did anyone else on here quit smoking today ?? 

17 Replies
karenjones

each and every morning for the past 10 days I quit.  i am an addict, I quit every minute of every hour.  and I am happy to do so. smoking makes me depressed.  I hope you quit today??

Dawnie1111

Yes I did Karen !!! It’s my first day!

karenjones

wow, you are like a newborn baby. Congratulations. This is the best thing you have ever done for yourself and people who love you.  How many hours do you have under your belt, are you using any medical aids. What prompted you to quit.  I am so happy you quit.

Dawnie1111

Thank you !!! No I am just doing cold turkey but I am having wicked cravings and headaches ! I also feel very anxious but I have smoked for 25 hours so far 

karenjones

you should make a blog, it will take a while to figure your way around on this site JACKIE1-25-15‌ can give good advice as well as Kimshine and minihorses and Barbscloud  they can help you find your way around as they have been here longer than me.  so glad you are here. the people are really friendly. and all addicts who do not smoke. like you and me.

JACKIE1-25-15

pastedImage_2.jpg

You have come to the right place for a new day and a new beginning..This is all about you and what you are willing to do to be smoke free.

Go to http://www.becomeanex.org/how-to-quit-smoking.php#thl and if there are any areas you need to address get started. You can do this.    Quitting smoking requires hard work.  It can be challenging at times but you will learn that it is doable if you adhere to NOPE not one puff ever no matter what.  To learn more about getting around on the site go to https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/community/community-help/blog/2017/02/14/ex-to-ex-instructions?sr... 

Start first, by educating yourself about nicotine addiction.  

Education is the key to a successful quit.

Read: Freedom from Nicotine My Journey Home and Nicotine Addiction 101         

Here are the links: http://whyquit.com/whyquit/LinksAAddiction.html   and http://whyquit.com/ffn/

I also encourage you to read. Allen Carr’s book, “Easy Easier Way to Quit Smoking

minihorses

Hi Dawnie!

welcome!.jpg

We're all glad you found Ex!  It will be one of the best tools you'll have to maintain a smoke-free life.  I honestly would not have made it this far (almost 5 months) without it.  The info and people here can help you on your path to a tobacco free life.  I wish I could say it's easy but to be completely honest quitting smoking is one of the hardest things you'll ever do but with the massive support system and a way to ask questions, write down feelings, have some fun with the community, and make new friends that will lift you up whenever you need it makes the process bearable and most importantly DOABLE!  Looking forward to seeing you around!

Julie 

0 Kudos
Dawnie1111

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

Hi Dawnie111.  Welcome to the Ex.  I'm on 24 DOF as of today, so I'm also a Newbie.   I'm using assistance  though (all I can get).  Nicotrol inhalers, Wellbutin,  smoking cessation class and the Ex.   Have tried quitting numerous times, but I am feeling more positive this time. Finding this site has really helped me a great deal.  Read lot's of advice, techniques, and what other's are experiencing.  You'll find what you are experiencing is the same for all of us and the support is a life saver.   Reach out for help when you need it.  It's saved my quit a couple of times now.   Every morning I sign up for the Daily Pledge to not smoke today - try it.  It helps make you accountable for your actions today.  

Congratulations on your decision to quit.  It's not easy.  This has been posted frequently and I do repeat it to myself  when I have think of smoking - "I don't do that anymore". 

One day a time!