cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Grammy25

Depressed feeling

I am really getting tired of the on and off feeling like I want to cry!

Any suggestions? 

Mid this normal?

0 Kudos
24 Replies
Grammy25

Thanks for sharing!

0 Kudos
elvan

I went through a crying jag after I had been free for a couple of months and I was really thrown by that.  PLEASE keep in mind that for whatever time we smoked, we stuffed our feelings down with the nicotine.  We did not learn how to deal with things a little at a time, the way people who never became addicts did...we stunted our emotional growth...we smoked when we felt sad or when we felt stressed, when we felt any kind of pain, when we didn't WANT to feel.  We even smoked when we felt GOOD.  When we quit smoking, we have to deal with those feelings swirling around and getting confused...it's hard to sort them all out.  The fact is that smoking never helped us but the addiction convinced us that it did.  After we quit, we really begin to grow...growing pains can manifest themselves in many ways. There is nothing wrong with crying...let it out, it's a release of emotions that need to be released.  You are doing a great job...it's a journey and there are so many things to discover about yourself.  

I think it's really wonderful that so many people found this blog helpful, that so many people were feeling similar things...we really ARE all in this together...Aew1031 , RachelN‌, Bellegonia‌, SaraCorinne that is one of the reasons that this site works so well.

Sending you hugs,

Ellen

Grammy25

Thank you so much for sharing!

Everyone is being so helpful in helping me understand things!

Tdcm

addiction and depression I hate them both, ope you get to feeling better hold your head up and stay strong

0 Kudos
Grammy25

Thank you!

0 Kudos