cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

mypalbiscuit

Day One!!

Hi everyone! Just introducing myself today. Ive been reading posts for the last few days and I already just love this community- thank you to everyone who has shared their experience, strength and hope! It’s helped me to feel less freaked out about quitting.

I was a heavy smoker for a little over ten years. In March, I switched entirely to using a Juul, and I used it constantly- far more than I ever smoked. I work in a drug rehab facility that enables me to vape openly all. The. Time. I have started to resent any activity that doesn’t allow me to vape openly. I’ve had all kinds of weird inflammation issues since I began vaping exclusively, and I suspect the vape is the cause.

Today is my first day without vaping or smoking! I’m using the patch and gum for more acute cravings. Already my hands feel empty. That vape was always in my hand! 

Thats is all I have for now... 

Labels (1)
27 Replies
mypalbiscuit

Going ok! I think the patch is really helping with the cravings- so far!- and I’ve been trying to stay occupied so that I can’t fixate too much on the lack of vaping. I’m headed in to work soon, and I tend to have a lot of cravings there, so I’m just gonna try to stay busy. 

YoungAtHeart

Good plan!  Be sure to keep a cold bottle of water handy from which to sip, and some straws to chew or fiddle with.  Remember, too, that slow, deep breaths, going slower and deeper with each, are always available!

Hang in there!

Nancy

Barbscloud

That's fabulous.  Staying busy really worked for me--I just kept moving.  If I was having a rough moment I'd come here and scream for HELP.   There was always someone  here to get me through.  If your can,  go for a walk on a break.  Walking just clears your head for many things.   Big congrats on your first day vape free!

Image result for minions moving celebrating

I just love these guys.

Barn

Christine13

All the best to you!!

maryfreecig

Welcome to Ex. Thanks for telling your story. Congratulations on your quit...keep up the good work!

mypalbiscuit

Thank you! 

elvan

So glad that the patch is helping you.  This is a journey, one day at a time and sometimes it is one feeling at a time.  You've got the patch, support, your own commitment, and you can read everything about this addiction, it really helps.  Congratulations on your quit, it is a GIFT to yourself.   

Ellen

Exvape

Great decision!

Read Alan Carr - and then own the decision to be a non smoker!

you are a non smoker!

that is the best news.

become an expert on nicotine—-know thine enemy!

have a great nicotine free day.

Exvape