cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Jennikook

Day one of my best life

Jump to solution

I finally decided to quit vaping for good last week, and threw away my vape a few hours ago. I’m feeling different this time than previous times I’ve tried quitting; this time I actually believe in myself and that I’m strong enough to be done. I know that it will take work, I will have to re-wire my brain, and will have to beat cravings but I’m motivated to come on here everyday, use nicotine gum to cut cravings, go for more walks and exercise more, and all around improve my health. 
Seeing other people’s posts has already helped me. I’ve seen people who just quit a few days ago, to people who have gone 10+ years without smoking, and I’m glad to have found this group and have that support. 
It’s finally time for clean lungs, deep breaths, no more hiding my vape, no more bad breath, no more headaches, etc. 

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MarilynH

Welcome to the community @Jennikook you've made the best decision you'll ever make in your lifetime and it's definitely the best gift that any of us will ever give ourselves which is the Gift of life! Read everything you can there's a wealth of information right here on this site to strengthen your resolve to kick the nicotine poison to the curb permanently stay close and reach out whenever you need to or just want to vent we're all here to help you in any way we can Tonight your day ONE will be turned into Day WON! 

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Barbscloud

@Jennikook I just responded to your other post, but wanted to wish you the best on the first day of your journey.

Here's some information from the Mayo clinic that you might find helpful.

A different approach to cravings - EX Community

Stay busy and stay close.

Barbscloud_0-1685967504340.jpeg

Barb

MarilynH

Welcome to the community @Jennikook you've made the best decision you'll ever make in your lifetime and it's definitely the best gift that any of us will ever give ourselves which is the Gift of life! Read everything you can there's a wealth of information right here on this site to strengthen your resolve to kick the nicotine poison to the curb permanently stay close and reach out whenever you need to or just want to vent we're all here to help you in any way we can Tonight your day ONE will be turned into Day WON! 

biscuit9

We will be your biggest cheerleaders.  Remind yourself this is about YOU and your HEALTH.  That comes first.  Use your distractions, that is key.  Remind yourself, "I am not giving up anything, I am gaining EVERYTHING!!", because you are.  

Quit day 261

Snowdoggie

@Jennikook Welcome to Ex. I quit 15 months ago using this site and nicotine gum. Someone here has recommended I read Allen Carr's book, "The Easy Way to Quit Smoking." It helped me understand addiction to nicotine. It was a quick, small book. I am wishing you success

rajajunaid

Great Job 

0 Kudos
presonorek

How is it going so far?  If you relapsed, don't worry.  You can try again.  This is a tough journey but everyone here has the same goal.  You are not alone.  I have quit several times.  I am not strong enough to fight the loneliness.  My vape is always there for me.  I certainly need something different to get rid of this nonsense. I hope you are doing well and have put vaping behind you for good.